In the slow lane....

I am running 1Password 4 in a Windows 8 environment. Still in my trial period and trying to figure it all out! Everything works fine on my Mac and IOS devices but 1Password 4 on my PC is very slow. After selecting the key icon, navigating to the desired folder and selecting the login that I want, it can take up to 12 seconds for the username and password fields to populate. The username data appears rather quickly but the password data takes longer (up to the 12 seconds I already mentioned). Do I need to tweet some setting to help this process happen faster?

Bob

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

It sounds like you're talking about using the 1Password extension. If that's correct, what version of which browser are you using, and what version of the 1Password extension is installed in it?

Are you using a proxy server or running a firewall?

Do you have any antivirus or anti-malware software or browser plug-ins installed?

What is the full path of your vault (the .agilekeychain folder) as reported on the General tab of 1Password preferences?

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Internet Explorer update version 11.0.15

1password extension 4.1.0.530

1Pasword 4 4.1.0.530

No other browser plugins installed

Norton 360

c:/users/name/dropbox/1password/1password.agilekeychain

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Your configuration is very similar to mine, with a couple of differences that I'd like to explore.

First, please disable Norton 360 long enough to determine whether that makes a difference. (If it does, perhaps it includes a way to "whitelist" 1Password and the 1Password helper.)

Second, please enable the Include betas option on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences, and click the Check Now button. Once the latest beta is installed, please launch IE and confirm that you've got version 4.1.0.535 (matching the beta-535 main program).

Please let us know how it goes, @BlackSophie‌. Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@BlackSophie‌

1. Open IE
    2. Click on the 1Password button
    3. Unlock
    4. Click on: Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab
  • BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member

Ok...on my way to Cabo. Will tackle this when I get back. Will be a week or so before I reconnect.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Here's a snippet from the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase:

Using Internet Explorer?

Sometimes Internet Explorer stops cooperating with the 1Password extension, and it’s necessary just to “give it a swift kick” by returning IE to its default state.

Microsoft provides instructions in the article How to reset Internet Explorer settings on their web site.

Another thing you can try is selecting the Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab option in the 1Password extension for Internet Explorer.

This discussion has been closed.