Can I sync 1password data between iOS and Windows, without dropbox/wifi?

baalchina
baalchina
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I am just new to 1password , I already installed iOS app and windows app. Because in China mainland we can not access dropbox, is there any other way to sync data between windows app and ios app?

I found there is wifi sync in ios app, but I have windows in home and office, wifi sync is not so easy.

Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As noted in the "Syncing your 1Password data" article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, Dropbox and Wi-Fi are the only supported methods of syncing between 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Windows.

• roar714
    roar714
    Community Member

And does this icloudless syncing occur transparently and automatically among iOS devices and the Windows PC desktop? A real plus with the iOS version is the real time auto-updating via iCloud. Is the marriage to Windows via wifi like that of mSecure where the devices must be manually synced?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I don't know anything about mSecure, but, as the Syncing your data article says:

Wi-Fi syncing (a manual process) allows 1Password 4 or later for Mac or 1Password 4 for Windows to share and sync your 1Password data (the currently open vault) over a temporary Wi-Fi connection to the 1Password app on a supported mobile device (currently 1Password 4 or later for iOS, only).

Dropbox, on the other hand, is completely automatic.

This discussion has been closed.