Sync via NAS + Syncovery software?

PianoMax
PianoMax
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I´ve the followong situation: LAN with NAS, 2 MAC machines, 2 Windows PCs and multiple iOS machines. I want to sync between all those machines "locally" WITHOUT dropbox .

Since WIFI sync only works between MAC and iOS machines I´d like to sync via the NAS.

From other postings I´ve learned that it´s necessary for 1PW for Windows, to have a synced local folder, because the 1PW for windows doesn't have a "folder sync" option like 1PW for mac. Also, it's **not ** recommended/supported to simply copy the 1PW keychain to the NAS and tell 1PW for windows to use that file or use a mapped network drive on Windows.

So will the following situation/setup work without data loss/corruption ?:

1. Setting all the 1 PW for MAC installations to sync in the same folder on the NAS '(..or is it necessary that this sync is set only to a local folder as well?... then the sync to the NAS will have to be done with a sync software (Syncovery) like on the windows machines?)
  2. On the windows machines: install a software, which syncs the 1PW folder from the NAS automatically with the Windows machines (software like "Syncovery") and then
  3. open the local synced folder on the Windows machines with 1PW for Windows?
  4. the iOS machines will be synced via WIFI from one mac machine (manually)

Thx for your ideas/feedback,
PM

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Since WIFI sync only works between MAC and iOS machines

Wi-Fi Sync also works between Windows and iOS. In theory, you can sync your Mac and Windows PCs using ANY cloud solution (Dropbox or OneDrive or iCloud Drive) and then use Wi-Fi Sync for your iOS devices.

• PianoMax
    PianoMax
    Community Member

Thanks for your input, I forgot to clarify, that I **don't ** want to use any "cloud" solution and do any sync strictly "locally". PM

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The tested and supported sync solutions are described in the Syncing your 1Password data article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

If you're confident that your chosen sync tool (item #2, in your proposed setup) will handle access contention, then it might work for you.

Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.