Using The Same Vault On Many Systems

I hope this is not a duplicate post...

My issue / question is that I want to make sure that I am not going to run into some file locking or other race condition situation down the road because I am using the same file everywhere and did not setup 'Sync' on my Windows system. Here is why:

I downloaded and install 1PW 4 on Windows, as a new user (which I am). When it asked me where to put the vault, I selected a folder in my Dropbox, because I planned on using the same vault on all of my systems (which may not be the way this really works, but...). I started researching how to get my MBP to use the same vault, and all the article I found showed how to set up 'sync' on the Mac, not Windows. And, there was always a Sync button the the Preferences screenshots. I do not see a Sync button in the Windows Preferences. So...

Then, I installed 1PW 5 on MBP. This time I selected that I was an existing 1PW user, and when it asked me where my vault was, I selected the vault I created during my Windows install. When I check the Sync Preference on my MBP, it indicates that it is syncing with the vault in my Dropbox.

Changes on one system are reflected on the other, which is good, so far...

I then installed 1PW 4 on my Lenovo laptop, also running Windows. When I started 1PW, it came up with a login prompt for the vault in my Dropbox. And, everything shows up there as well.

I also installed 1PW on my iPhone 6+, and pointed it at my vault in Dropbox. And everything is working there too.

Have I just stumbled into setting up Sync on Windows correctly by virtue of the fact that I put my initial vault in my Dropbox?

If so, I have read that Mac stores its data in an SQLite DB, and sync's to the agilekeychain file in the Dropbox. Where is the data actually stored in Windows? And why isn't there a Sync button there?

Thanks in advance for your help,

David

Comments

This discussion has been closed.