Does NOT work for certain sites

1.) 1Password will not work for the Capital One credit card site https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/Login.aspx
1Password will not fill-in the username field.

2.) 1Password will not work for the Citi credit card site: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
The Citi card site gives me an error message on my username, even though it is entered correctly in 1Password.

What is the value of this product if it does not work?

3.) If I have 1Password open, select a login, right click and say "Open in Internet Explorer", why does 1Password ONLY open the site URL and NOT fill-in the username/password? Why do I have to do more clicking to have my data entered?

I am not happy with this product at all.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. You don't say which browser you're using, so I tested that site in Chrome. The 1Password extension correctly offered to save a new Login for me, as designed. Then I refreshed the page and pressed Ctrl+\; the extension filled both the username and password fields, but the site rejected the username for some reason. So I edited the Login item in the main 1Password program to enable the Use auto-type in web browser option. Then I refreshed the page in Chrome again, placed the insertion point in the username field, and pressed Ctrl+\; the extension filled in both fields again and submitted the form, which the site accepted.

Auto-type is always the first thing to try when the regular fill mechanism doesn't work for some reason.

2. At this URL 1Password offered to save a new Login for me, and that Login worked correctly on subsequent visits. I didn't have to enable auto-type. So I'm not able to reproduce the problem you describe.

3. Please see the Using a saved Login and Using Logins in the main program articles in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

We want you to be happy with your purchase, @WVWalt‌. That's why we provide a free 30-day trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. That's two full months to determine whether 1Password is the right tool for you.

This discussion has been closed.