Any plan to update 1password for windows?

Hi agilebits,

I am a OSX user, really love 1password on Mac. Recently I got a win8.1 laptop, the first thing I did is setup 1password on this new machine. But I noticed that the dialog boxes of 1password looks fuzzy on the 2880x1620 monitor. they don't scale well as they do on OSX. Besides the look, it feels very different from the Mac version too - UX and many features don't work well as compared to the Mac version.

Do you have any plan to update the windows version soon?

Comments

• Hey @Wen1‌,

Thank you for your feedback.

1Password 4 for Windows is optimised for a Windows 7 or 8.1 environment. We released version 4 in June 2014, updating the UI, adding tons of requested features, and bringing the application (almost) on par with the Mac app and in some cases adding features that aren't yet available in 1Password 5 for Mac.

You are right that certain aspects of the UX are different and certain features don't work the same way as on the Mac, but in some cases there are limitations in the operating system that prevent us from keeping the feature set identical across platforms.

The lack of High-DPI support in 1Password 4 for Windows is a sore point. Yes, the UI scales, but retroactively adding this kind of feature to an application is far from trivial. Furthermore, implementing High-DPI user interfaces in Windows is not as easy as it is in OS X.

That being said: over the next few months you will see improvements and changes to the app that will make it even more similar to 1Password 5 for Mac in certain areas and a lot nicer in general.

We value and investigate every bit of feedback we receive, so please; keep it coming.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.