Password generator disappears too quickly

1 click outside the password generator makes it disappear immediately, I think it's useful when it stays there until I close it and also I could set it 'always on top' so I can type over the password when copy-pasting does not work.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@admxnl Here's a tip you might appreciate. When you bring up the Password Generator and then press OK, your newly generated password will get...

1. Copied to the clipboard, and
    2. Saved in the "Generated Password" category (View > Generated Passwords)

Alternatively, you can bring up the 1Password menu again, and then click on: "Last Generated Passwords". This will copy your generated password to the clipboard.

• admxnl
    admxnl
    Community Member

Yes I really like this. Maybe I did something wrong because it started recording generated password since this morning 10 AM. Though I generated passwords yesterday.

Is there an option to auto-delete generated password after several days or x passwords ( I love automation ;-) )?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Is there an option to auto-delete generated password after several days or x passwords

No but if you save a new Login item in the web browser, then we move the generated password for this to the Trash.

• admxnl
    admxnl
    Community Member

Maybe something to keep in mind for a future version.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion, @admxnl‌.

This discussion has been closed.