Ability to launch program

It would be very nice if 1Password could launch programs, this is useful to me because I often launch Putty SSH terminal with a password secured encryption key. The ability to do this in 1Password would secure my 'secretpassword' from being exposed in my desktop shortcut.

e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\putty.exe 10.0.0.1 -ssh -C -i "c:\keys\encrypted.ppk" -l root -pw secretpassword

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@admxnl 1Password cannot launch PuTTY, but it can auto-type your secret password into PuTTY: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/creating-an-application-login

• admxnl
    admxnl
    Community Member

Ok, thanks that works like a charm but requires me to hit CTRL+\

Maybe you could add to your feature list to expand this option to actually launch the application and then automatically fill the username field, tab, password, enter. Or even launch applications without username/password option because programs like putty accept password in the launch parameters. With this feature you could even have multiple logins per application, currently we're limited to 1 username/password per application.

Until now we've use Sticky Password which has this capability but SP is slow as hell with many passwords in it's database and I don't like the cloud options they offer.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

currently we're limited to 1 username/password per application.

No you're not. You can associate multiple applications with a single Login item. Or have multiple Login items associated with the same application.

• admxnl
    admxnl
    Community Member

Ah indeed, just create 2 separate logins and I then get the choice for each login when pressing CTRL+. Thanks.

Maybe directly launch application from 1Password is something for a future version. It would really help me in my daily tasks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Ah indeed, just create 2 separate logins and I then get the choice for each login when pressing CTRL+.

As @svondutch‌ wrote, you can also associate multiple applications with a single Login item:

This discussion has been closed.