Can't install add-on for Firefox 35

I couldn't get the 1Password icon on Firefox to respond (I'd click on it but it did nothing). I removed it from Firefox and went to reinstall it using the 1Password app on Windows. It launched Firefox and I clicked the big green install button, but when it tried to add the add-on, I get an error message saying, "The add-on could not be added because of a connection failure on agilebits.com" I tried it several times. Agilebits.com is specifically not blocked for add-ons and the internet is (obviously) working just fine. How can I get the add-on back into Firefox?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you had that problem, @rsc01‌. We've been unable to determine why a handful of customers have seen that message.

Please see the Cannot install extension article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase for instructions on a workaround.

• rsc01
    rsc01
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, but there is no "show all extensions link" at the URL in the instructions you sent. This is instruction number 3.

• rsc01
    rsc01
    Community Member

Also, is there a way for responses to my post to be emailed to me so I don't have to keep checking the discussion group all day to get the answer?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

there is no "show all extensions link" at the URL in the instructions

Gosh, you're right! :blush: That's left over from an earlier version. I've removed it now, and I believe the instructions are accurate. Sorry for the confusion!

is there a way for responses to my post to be emailed to me

1. In your forum account profile, click the little grey arrow near the upper right corner of the window, and choose Edit Profile.

2. In the menu on the left side of the page that appears, click on Notification Preferences.

3. Enable the Email and/or Popup options for the notifications you want.

4. Click on the SAVE PREFERENCES button at the bottom of the page.

• rsc01
    rsc01
    Community Member

Unfortunately, that still doesn't work. Instruction 3 says to right click on Chrome (or in my case, Firefox) and choose "Save target as". When I right click on it, saving target is not an option. It will only let me "Save the link as..." This saves the document as an xpi file and doesn't save the extension.

• Nurinai
    Nurinai
    Community Member

Maybe you can change a browser

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Instruction 3 says to right click on Chrome (or in my case, Firefox) and choose "Save target as". When I right click on it, saving target is not an option. It will only let me "Save the link as..."

That's just a change of phraseology on Microsoft's part. It means the same thing. @DBrown you might want to update the documentation.
    Also, the link in step 1 (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4) is dead and needs to be updated.

This saves the document as an xpi file and doesn't save the extension.

The xpi file is the Firefox extension. The .crx files that the article talk about are Chrome extension files.
    Just save the xpi file to your local drive and then use the "Install Add-on from File" option on the Firefox Add-ons page.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@rsc01: In IE 11, the command is "Save target as"." Are you using IE 11 to download the extension?

@RichardPayne: The link in step 1 works as expected for me, though. Please let me know if you're still having a problem with it.

I'll add Firefox steps to the article now, to avoid future confusion.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@DBrown, it works now. Either it was a temporary glitch or a routing/firewall issue on my office network.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know!

This discussion has been closed.