Sharing 1Password Vault with other user

I set up 1Password, syncing with DropBox between my Mac, PC, Android phone/tablets, and IOS devices. I'd like to be able to have my wife also download the app on her phone so she always has all our passwords... she can sign in as me, but the problem is that she also uses DropBox, so cannot sign in to DropBox on her iPhone as she is already signed in. So how can I share my vault so that she can also view it on her iPhone and have up-to-date information?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

how can I share my vault

1. Open your Dropbox
    2. Right-click on your 1Password.agilekeychain
    3. Click on: "Share this folder" (please note the Dropbox icon)
    4. Enter the e-mail address of your person you would like to share you vault with

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/sharing-a-vault

• kevinwg0351
    kevinwg0351
    Community Member

Thanks svonducth, worked like a charm!!!!!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

From that knowledgebase article:

5. Right-click on the vault-name.agilekeychain folder (or on the folder that contains it, which would be the 1Password folder in the example above), and choose Share this folder.

6. On your private dropbox.com web site, which opens in a browser window, invite the other Dropbox users with whom you want to share this vault, making sure you leave the Can edit option selected.

The Dropbox users you specify will receive an invitation from Dropbox to “join” the shared folder. People who accept the invitation will see the vault-name.agilekeychain folder (or the folder that contains it, if that’s what you shared) synced to their local Dropbox folder. They need only open the .agilekeychain folder in 1Password (by choosing File > Open 1Password Vault) and enter the master password you provide them.

This discussion has been closed.