1Password3 and 1Password4

Options

In my startup menu under 1Password I see that I can run 1Password3 and 1Password4. They seem to start the same program. If I select 1Password3 and look at the about I see 4.1.0.538 which is the same for 1Password4. Also there are links to uninstall 1Password3 and uninstall 1Password4. Since they seem to point to the same thing I hesitate to "uninstall" 1Password3 as I suspect it will uninstall 1Password. How can I consolidate the start menu so that only 1Password shows up? Also under program files there is a 1Password folder and a 1Password4 folder. For efficency and clarity I would like to remove one of these folders but I don't know which is being used?

Thank you.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rkb You can uninstall 1Password 3. It shouldn't uninstall 1Password 4. In case of emergency, you can always download and re-install 1Password 4 here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Also under program files there is a 1Password folder and a 1Password4 folder

The 1Password 3 un-installer should remove the 1Password folder and keep the 1Password 4 folder.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As noted in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase article, Upgrading from version 1:

Do I need to uninstall version 1?

You don’t have to uninstall 1Password 1, but you might as well—it’s always available here, if you decide you want to stick with it, after all.

Installing the new 4.x browser extensions should include reminders to remove any existing 3.x versions, though you can use the older extensions with 1Password 4, if you prefer for some reason.

For simplicity, and to get the most out of 1Password, though, we typically recommend simply removing the older extensions and the main 1Password 1 program.

This discussion has been closed.