How do I sync new Windows 1Password with existing Mac Yosemite 1Password?

I am using a mac with Parallels. I have 1Password 5 for Mac, and I just installed 1Password 4 for Windows on Parallels. How do I sync the 2 1Password databases? I have both Mac and Windows licenses installed, and I don't have or wish to use dropbox. Since Parallels is on the computer with the Mac 1Password database, when I tried to select the Mac sqlite file from 1Password 4 for Windows, but I am unable to. I have read the User Guide and searched the Forum answers, and none of them helped. The User Guide mentioned 'Folder-Sync', but didn't explain how to use or set it up.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@MaleMel You can Folder Sync 1Password for Mac to a Parallels Shared Folder, for example:

/Users/<your user name>/Desktop

...and then open this in 1Password for Windows here:

\\psf\Home\Desktop

(please note that Dropbox is the still preferred method of doing this)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@MaleMel, if it were my data, I'd want to make very sure that Parallels will prevent any "data collisions" by handling simultaneous access from both sides of the shared-folder divide.

As @svondutch notes, Dropbox is very much the preferred method. I use Dropbox to share my own data among my MacBook Pro and the various Windows virtual machines running on it simultaneously.

(After a very brief period of experimentation with VMware's shared-folder feature for my Desktop, Photos, and Documents folders, I dropped it like a hot potato, along with the Unity option that allows Windows programs to look like they're running on the Mac OS X desktop.)

This discussion has been closed.