Won't Sync with Dropbox

I installed 1Password on my Mac and iPhone and sync'd them with my Dropbox; and they work fine. I then installed 1Password on my Windows PC. I find the keychain file in My Documents but when I look in User/MyName/Dropbox there is no file to sync to. How can I get my Windows version to see and connect to the Dropbox folder created when I set up my Mac.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If Dropbox is installed on your PC and associated with the same Dropbox account as you used to sync your 1Password data between your Mac and your iPhone, then Dropbox will automatically copy the .agilekeychain folder down to your PC's local Dropbox storage folders. If you check the Sync tab in 1Password for Mac preferences, you'll see the full path to the .agilekeychain folder; it'll need to be exactly the same, from the Dropbox "root" folder on, on your PC.

To confirm that Dropbox is set up correctly on your PC and associated with the same Dropbox account, create a small text file in the Dropbox "root" folder on your Mac and see whether it's copied to your PC; repeat with a small text file on the PC, to make sure it's copied to your Mac.

Let us know what you find out.

• TomDieckilman
    TomDieckilman
    Community Member

Not working. The Dropbox folder is under a different user name. How do I move the 1Password app to a different user name in my Networks folder?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm afraid I don't know anything about a Networks folder, @TomDieckilman.

If you want to use the 1Password vault in both Windows accounts, I'd install Dropbox under the Windows user name where it doesn't exist yet, let Dropbox sync my vault, install 1Password under that Windows account, and accept 1Password's offer to open the vault it finds in its local Dropbox storage.

If you really want to move the vault, please see the Moving your vault article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.