1Password for Windows 4 not syncing with Dropbox

I use 1Password for Windows to create virtually all of my entries and sync them via Dropbox with my iPhone and iPad. Recently I tried to sync from both my iPad and iPhone and I received Vault Mismatch errors. Upon further inspection it doesn't look like my vaults have been syncing for a few years. I tried creating a Secure Note in Windows to see if it showed up on my other devices and it did not. So I used 1Password Anywhere to log in from Dropbox and it 1) didn't have the Secure Note I created and 2) shows only 13 Logins, while i actually have over 100 in 1Password for Windows. So my conclusion is that I have not been syncing to Dropbox for quite some time, but I can't figure out why not. Any ideas?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

You need to check the Dropbox sync setup in 1Password for iOS on both your iPhone and iPad, as well as in 1Password for Windows on your PC, to make sure you're using the same vault (a folder with the .agilekeychain extension) on all three platforms.

The vault would need be in the exact same location (with respect to the Dropbox "root" folder) on all three platforms for syncing to be working as expected; otherwise, you're using different vaults, which would explain why one contains data the others don't.

Let us know what you find out.

• BuilderBill
    BuilderBill
    Community Member

Turns out that I had two vaults saved to Dropbox on 1Password for Windows and one was quite old. That was the one that both of my iOS devices were syncing with so I changed them and things seem to be back to normal. Thanks for your help!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @BuilderBill—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.