1P never fills in username for Facebook

The entry I have has a field marked as username, but it never actually fills in the data when I use auto-fill.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Can you explain what you mean by "auto-fill", @kop48?

Also, how was the Login item created, and what's the URL saved in the Login item?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Auto-fill: hit control+\, or click on the 1Password icon to fill

The URL is: https://www.facebook.com

The password fills in fine, it's just the username that's not being filled.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Thanks, @kop48.

I just visited https://www.facebook.com in Chrome, entered a fake username-password combination, and clicked the Log In button. The 1Password extension immediately offered to save a new Login item for that site, and I accepted the offer.

My login with fake credentials failed, of course, so I went back to the same URL and pressed Ctrl+\. The 1Password extension filled the Email or Phone and Password fields with the values it had saved for me and submitted the form.

Since you didn't mention which browser you were using, I also visited the same URL in Internet Explorer and pressed Ctrl+\. The 1Password extension filled and submitted the login form as expected.

I ask again how you created the Login item, @kop48. If you created it by hand, in the main 1Password program, please create a new Login item by following the steps in the Saving a Login article in the Quick Start section of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, and let us know how it goes.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

Apologies, I crossed wires as I'm answering multiple posts:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
    1Password 4.2.5

Even if I filled out the login manually, the field that's marked as 'username' (which it is) should fill in the field that requires a username.

I just tried in Chrome and it has the same issue.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@kop48 Can you please save a new Login item manually, and then try again? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.