autofill in IE11 doesn't work

When I want to open an webpages on the iMac I use the 1Password icon and select the webpages. 1Password searches for the pages auto-fill the requested information and submit this information.
In Windows 8.1 in IE 11 1Password searches for the webpage but doesn't auto-fill the username and password.I have to click again on the 1Password extension icon and again select the desired pages and than auto-fill is working.
So when the webpages is already on screen the auto-fill works, but when 1Password has to search for te webpages first, the auto-fill doesn't work.
This problem doesn't occur when using Chrome or firefox in Windows

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That is correct, @ultragodi. Internet Explorer prevents 1Password from performing the "and fill" portion of the "go and fill" functionality, which works as expected in the other browsers. Just press Ctrl+\ when you get to the site, and the 1Password extension will fill the fields and (optionally) submit the form.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

That is correct, @ultragodi. Internet Explorer prevents 1Password from performing the "and fill" portion of the "go and fill" functionality

@DBrown Maybe I'm misreading @ultragodi's problem, but I believe he is doing this from Internet Explorer (not from the 1Password app), and in that case, "go & fill" should work just fine.

I have to click again on the 1Password extension icon and again select the desired pages and than auto-fill is working.

@ultragodi Here is something you can try:

1. Click on the 1Password button
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab

How is this working for you?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@DBrown Maybe I'm misreading @ultragodi's problem, but I believe he is doing this from Internet Explorer (not from the 1Password app), and in that case, "go & fill" should work just fine.

@svondutch is absolutely right, @ultragodi. I'm sorry for the confusion!

I just selected the Current Tab option in the 1Password extension for IE, as he suggests, and the "fill" portion proceeded as expected.

Please let us know whether it helps for you, too.

Note: This is described in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase:

This discussion has been closed.