Educational license

Didn't see a way to email your support people directly, hence this post. I've been using Dashlane on multiple devices (Win desktops & laptops, Surface, and iOS on several iPads and an iPhone). That program has been acting squirrily of late. But it does sync info across all these devices. And I recently started using Opera as the default browser on Windows because it produced fewer problems than the other 4 browsers I've used. Dashlane offers no functionality on Opera. So I have 3 broad questions: 1) I teach on the college level. To have 1Password on all my devices, I would buy the educational license for desktops & laptops and then download the iOS app? And what about the Surface? Any app for that? I have a lot of cross-platform devices, maybe a dozen. I can use this on all with the one license? What's my total initial cost? And what cost annually? 2) will all devices sync automatically as with Dashlane? 3) and you have full support & functionality for Opera?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your interest in 1Password, @basports!

1. Please see the "educational" section of our online store. Note that a single 1Password for Windows license allows you to use it on as many Windows machines as you like, including your Surface, assuming it's a Surface Pro (2 or 3), as 1Password must run in Desktop mode.

As you can see on our License Policy page, 1Password is not a subscription service. You purchase a license, or you buy the mobile (or Mac) app in the appropriate app store.

2. Please see the Syncing your 1Password data article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

3. Yes. Please see the Requirements page of the user's guide. Also search for opera in the user's guide for additional information.

• lx.josh
    lx.josh
    Community Member

Hi,

I know that 1Password can be shared amongst 6 users in the household.
    However I am looking to purchase the educational license version and noticed that it says for 1-user.
    Would this mean I would need to buy 6x educational license ($49.99*6) ?

Does this mean that I have to purchase the non-educational license to have the 6-household package? [(69.99*1) family share]

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's a great question, @lx.josh, and I'm sorry to say that I don't know the answer.

Please send a message to support+licenses@agilebits.com, and someone will happy to help you as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, all six of you can start using 1Password for Windows, free and without limitation or restriction, under our 30-day trial arrangement.

Thanks so much for your interest in 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.