firefox, chrome, ie and opera - 1password extension button does not work and does not offer to save

dear all, have tried everything on my laptop and my wife's laptop, nothing happens when I click on the extension button in any of the browsers we have and use, all are updated/ up to date. we have done exactly what is required or recommended by 1Password website to get software going. and 1password does not offer to add passwords/ logins at all, no matter which browser we use...so far we added manually...? anything wrong or us doing something wrong?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

nothing happens when I click on the extension button in any of the browsers we have and use

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature > OFF

• rocafella1978
    rocafella1978
    Community Member

hi svondutch! worked perfectly, now they do work and menus are active in all browsers. as for saving passwords and logins, do I have to do anything to have 1password ask to save or does it do it automatically? I tried in one browser, cleared cache and history, and logged in with username and password, but nothing happens and 1password does not ask to add? am i doing anything wrong?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

do I have to do anything to have 1password ask to save or does it do it automatically?

1Password should do it automatically if auto-save is ON. Alternatively, you can always save a new Login manually.

I tried in one browser, cleared cache and history, and logged in with username and password, but nothing happens and 1password does not ask to add? am i doing anything wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. The 1Password auto-save window should appear UNLESS you already have a password for this web site in your 1Password vault.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@rocafella1978, lots of information on Troubleshooting > The browser extensions—including that code signature verification tip—is always available in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

• rocafella1978
    rocafella1978
    Community Member

i reinstalled everything and reset all browsers, cache and history, deleted/ removed all extensions and addons, still not working.
    just now removed even kaspersky anti-virus, still not working?? any ideas why?

• rocafella1978
    rocafella1978
    Community Member

hi there, thank you. figured out and read around the forums, seems to be kaspersky, even with exceptions and all, does not work. have to remove completely to make it work, well, for now will manually save my passwords until it works and use them more like a database. too bad it is so difficult with kaspersky. (not going to purchase again...seems to work with other products as I read)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@rocafella1978, please see this article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase (pointed to in the troubleshooting article) for information on how to use Kaspersky and 1Password on the same machine.

Let us know if those instructions don't solve the problem.

This discussion has been closed.