Is IE Browser Extension safe?

dwk
dwk
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi.

I'm curious whether the browser extension for IE is safe 'enough' to use or not. I'm assuming that 1Password and IE must be communicating my login information to fill out the forms automatically. What I want to know is if the communication between 1Password and IE is encrypted or not.
Aside from security madness, I'm dying to know if there are any further plans to redesign the looks of 1Password 4. I know that 1Password for Android is getting a nice visual overhaul with the release of Lollipop and at this point, it feels like 1Password 4 is kind of left behind from its brothers. I understand that the aesthetic of the program has nothing to do with its functionality. However, I find it quite bothersome to see the design cues of 1Password 4 after using 1Password 5 for both iOS and Mac.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I want to know is if the communication between 1Password and IE is encrypted or not.

Yes it is.

I find it quite bothersome to see the design cues of 1Password 4 after using 1Password 5 for both iOS and Mac.

1Password 4 for Mac used to be very similar in design to 1Password 4 for Windows. Then Yosemite came out with a new design, and the Mac team decided to update 1Password 5 for Mac for this.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Indeed. The updated UI in 1Password 5 for Mac was triggered by the radically different design vocabulary of Yosemite...so different that it requires Yosemite.

I can't run 1Password 5 on my Mac because (for various reasons) it's still running Mavericks.

This discussion has been closed.