Different forms have different names for the same form fields.

Hello,

When using either the LOGINS or CREDIT CARDS function in 1password to fill out forms, sometimes different forms will use different names for the same data form field.

e.g. on the credit card function...the CVV code might (in the form) be named different things ... e.g. "CVV" or "CV2" or "SecurityCode" etc...

If i autocomplete the form it might not work owing to the fact that i have saved my CVV code as "CVV" but the form is asking for "CV2".

So how can i add these extra names to the 1password app so that my CVV code is filled in no matter what the form is named?

THanks

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You can't. However, the filling algorithms in the 1Password browser extensions should handle this for you. If there's any specific sites that don't fill properly then post the urls and the Agilebits guys will try to fix them.

• mcai8rw2
    mcai8rw2
    Community Member

ok...thank you for the info. The affected site has since been closed. It was a paypal purchase. However, I will keep an eye out for it happening again.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @mcai8rw2!

@RichardPayne is quite right—1Password should be able to get the information in your saved Credit Card items into the correct fields on most payment forms. Please let us know of any where it doesn't do that, so we can look at improving its success rate.

As for Login items, you probably don't use the same username+password combination for multiple sites (generally a bad idea, in terms of securing your online activities). In cases where it's required (corporate employer sites, for example), you can add multiple URLs to a single Login item.

This discussion has been closed.