Check for updates cause the program to crash

When I run the program everytime, It's automatically check for a new version. and the program does not respond until crash and windows closed it. how can I skip the check update。if I click the cancel button the program crash immediately. Thanks. :'(

1password: 4.1.0.538

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You can always disable the automatic checks for new versions (on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences), but it would be better to find out why the problem is occurring.

If you're connecting to the web from behind a proxy server, please provide the appropriate information on the Network tab of 1Password preferences.

I hope that helps, @babycloud. Please let us know how it goes.

• babycloud
    babycloud
    Community Member

@DBrown Thanks .......I use a proxy successfully entered the program and I disable the automatic update. maybe the update server is blocked by GFW in China.
    Please let the cancel button can be work when the update connected timeout, hope it in the next update versions , rather than click it becomes not respond?
    Thank you !!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@babycloud, I'm not sure I understand.

I was hoping that you could set up the Network tab with the appropriate proxy information, so that 1Password can continue getting updates automatically.

If that doesn't help for some reason, and you decide to disable automatic updates, are you able to get updates manually, either from the Help menu or on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences?

This discussion has been closed.