No icons or ability to change/download

Hoping I am doing something wrong. Just downloaded 1Password on Windows and synched to Macbook created vault via dropbox. I also registered and the program shows that it is a registered program to me.

Seemed to start/work great but I noticed I have very generic icons on my windows version... just a blank credit card back icon for credit cards & a 'ribbon' for rewards programs. Clicked 'edit' to update/fix icons and I noticed the icon doesn't even show up in edit mode. Furthermore, if I try to create a new item on Windows, it does not show any icon nor show any click-box, etc to be able to select or download an icon. Finally, if I go to the menu and select "download icons" ... nothing apparent happens.

Hoping this is a 'newbie' question and there is something simple I am doing wrong... any help?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@ShotgunB Is this setting on? View > Show Rich Icons

• ShotgunB
    ShotgunB
    Community Member

Yep... checked that... also tried turning it 'off' and then back on.. no change. Like I said above, the 'oddest' part to me is I don't show icons (or ability to change them) when I go to edit or add a new item. I looked at the manual and the picture of the icon and buttons pertaining to icon are simply not there! Tried completely deleting & reinstalling AND tried the beta version... still no change. Any other ideas?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@ShotgunB, can you post a screen shot of the edit dialog box—with all confidential info obscured, of course!—so we can see what you're seeing?

Thanks!

• ShotgunB
    ShotgunB
    Community Member

Here's a cropped screenshot... I invented a fake credit card and then did an edit on it... any help?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Ah, Credit Card items! Sorry if I missed that earlier.

There is, indeed, no provision for specifying or downloading icons for Credit Card items. In 1Password for Mac separate VISA, MasterCard, and other "brand" icons seem to be hard-coded; in 1Password for Windows a single icon is shared among them.

• ShotgunB
    ShotgunB
    Community Member

Ah, thanks...so the only thing that has unique icons in Windows is websites... and no ability to change? Switching over from Splash ID and liked that you could use unique icons on credit cards, frequent flyer, etc... is that something that may come in a future build? Surprised it isn't supported.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

There is, indeed, no provision for specifying or downloading icons for Credit Card items.

@DBrown Actually, there is a workaround. Double-click on the 1Password logo in the upper-left corner. /cc @ShotgunB

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Wow—great tip, @svondutch. Thanks!

It looks like that method works for all item types.

• Is there any way to delete an icon assigned in that manner (for types other than Logins)?

• Is there any way to download an icon for types other than Logins?

• ShotgunB
    ShotgunB
    Community Member

Method worked for me as well... Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @ShotgunB—thanks for letting us know!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@svondutch why use a completely different methodology for adding icons, especially one that's so obscure?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@RichardPayne I have added the following (right-click) popup menu items:

• Select Icon...
    • Delete Icon

To be included with 4.1.0.BETA-541

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@svondutch what I meant was, logins use this ui construction on the edit screen:

Surely every item type that can host a custom icon should have the same?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@RichardPayne Maybe it should, but currently we have this UX for Login and Software License items only.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Consider it feature requested. :wink:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Another consistent method across all items types is to double-click on the 1Password icon in the upper left corner of the edit dialog box.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Consistent, but hard obvious.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I reckon two consistent methods for all item types—one accessible without having to invoke the editor, one accessible from within the editor—will tide us over nicely until the editor window is more uniform across all item types.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

imo that would depend on how soon an overhaul of the edit window is due. :wink:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you're interested in that issue, @RichardPayne!

This discussion has been closed.