Share Dropbox syncing of 1Password folder between multiple Windows users on a single machine

I didn't find a post on doing this, but I do have two ideas:

1. I'm thinking I can install Dropbox on the second user account and only sync the 1Password folder their.
  2. Another option seems to be to create a second dropbox account for the second user and them just share the folder between Dropbox accounts.

Anyone have knowledge on what works best between these two or is there a better option?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

It doesn't matter in terms of access to your 1Password data—whoever has access to the vault and knows the master password has full and equal access to the data in that vault. The method you choose, though, depends on who's using that second Windows account.

If it's you, then using the same Dropbox account in both Windows accounts makes sense—it's only you who'll see whatever is stored in your Dropbox account, no matter which Windows account you're logged in to.

If the second Windows account is for someone else, though, and you don't want that person to see everything in your Dropbox account, you should follow the steps in the Sharing a vault article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• kf0s
    kf0s
    Community Member

Hello @DBrown In this case, I wanted to add the access to my wife's Windows account. Prior to this access, I had a single Dropbox account shared between my Windows Account, My MBP, my iPhone, and my iPad. I want to allow her to share the same data.

I did some additional searching, and I think this I am now setup in the way that seemed the most recommended. I created a new Dropbox account for her and then installed Dropbox in her Windows account (bonus is I get some additional referral space). I then shared the 1Password folder with her and that copies the data to her folders on Windows. Running 1Password found the vault and testing shows things seem to be working fine.

My reason for doing this; moving her from SplashID to 1Password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As I understand what you're trying to accomplish, @kf0s, that all sounds just right. Good job!

This discussion has been closed.