Getting 1Password to work with IE11

I installed 1Password on my PC (already using on MAC). It installed the extensions on Chrome, Firefox and IE8. It wouldn't work on IE8 so I went ahead & updated to IE11. I was still getting a message saying that 1Password wouldn't work until I unchecked "enable enhanced protected mode." Unfortunately, that wasn't an option in my IE. I disabled the 1Password and am trying to get it reinstalled. When I go to preferences, options, it still is showing IE 8 and no option to install the extensions on IE11. How do I get it working on IE11. (Windows 7 64 bit)

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@annevestal If you're running IE 11 on Windows 7 (64-bit) then you should have the "enhanced protect mode" option. Please make sure this option is OFF.

• annevestal
    annevestal
    Community Member

Are you talking about under Tools, Security? I don't have that in my list. I do have Internet Protected Mode:On at the bottom of my screen.

• annevestal
    annevestal
    Community Member

Or is it the Enable Protected Mode under Security that needs to be unchecked?

• annevestal
    annevestal
    Community Member

That isn't on my Internet Explorer. I guess my main problem now, is that when I go 1Password, and then Preferences, Browsers, it is still showing IE 8, and doesn't give me an option to install extensions.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

it is still showing IE 8

Are you sure you have IE11?

doesn't give me an option to install extensions.

If the checkbox before the IE icon is ON, then the IE extension is installed. Otherwise, this checkbox is OFF.

• annevestal
    annevestal
    Community Member

Ok - I had downloaded and thought I had installed IE11, but now it is back to showing IE8. I went back and checked the IE browser in 1 Password, and it put 1 Password back on IE, but I am back to getting the message that I have to disable Enhanced Protected Mode. But under my security, it skips from Enable DOM to Enable Integrated Windows. Should I try again to download and install IE11?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

When you run Internet Explorer, what version does it report in the "About Internet Explorer" message box?

If it's not IE 11, then re-installing IE 11 seems like a good next step.

Once you have IE 11 running on your PC, check again to see whether the 1Password icon appears in the IE toolbar. If not, please see the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions > Missing 1Password button article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

This discussion has been closed.