Auto-Enter on Drop-down sign in blocks

I've notice that there are intermediate successes when logging onto sites that have login dropdown areas. For example, one site when you click on "Sign-In" it drops down the name and password boxes. 1Password does still fill these objects out correctly, but the auto-submit takes you to the bottom of the screen, and no submit the form. It's a 50/50 chance of working. This only started happening after the 2nd to last update. Anyone have any suggestions? I already checked the object names on the screen, and they match with what 1Password has stored.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried the auto-type feature on those sites, @drinkn1?

If that doesn't help, can you tell us a couple of URLs where we can try to reproduce the problem?

Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@drinkn1 Assuming you're seeing this on only one or two of your Logins, you might want to consider turning OFF auto-submit for these. Thanks!

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member

The text-boxes get populated without issue, it is just that the form isn't being submitted. The auto-type feature did the same thing. Turning off the auto-submit simply makes the screen not scroll to the bottom. I think that the site I'm currently accessing (roll20.net) doesn't have the login button as the default submit action, and I am guessing that is what you are calling.

Thanks again!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

In the roll20 case it looks like it doing something funky with JS. Just use the static alternative page:
    https://app.roll20.net/sessions/new

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member

Yep, that gets me in. Time to get the scripting monkeys on that! Just FYI...using the Chrome extension, if I right click a login, the arrow appears...great...if I right click another one in the same group...an arrow appears, great...however, the first one doesn't.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Just FYI...using the Chrome extension, if I right click a login, the arrow appears...great...if I right click another one in the same group...an arrow appears, great...however, the first one doesn't.

I can't replicate this:

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member

Sample has been attached. First one is just the expanded folder, to the right, I right click the first item, arrow appears. Then second row is where I right click second...finally the third...I would have expected the arrows to disappear. (Ignore the Visual Studio project behind it! : ) ).

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Ah I see. I read your post the other way around. I thought it only showing one at a time.

The reason for the details sub-menu not being loaded by default is two fold:

1) Speed. Accessing those details entails additional decryption operations which can be slow for a large list.

2) Useability in the most common use case, which is simply left clicking on a login to open and fill it. Unfortunately Windows does not have the concept of a menu item with both an action and a submenu; it is either one of the other. Loading the submenus by default means an extra user action for the most common use case.

As soon as you right click you have indicated that you're not interested in the common use case so it makes sense to keep any sub-menus that you've loaded.

Personally, I'd like to see them ditch the TrackPopupMenu call and do a custom menu. There's a number of requested features by the limitation of using Windows standard menus which are basically a throw back to the mid 90's.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I'd like to see them ditch the TrackPopupMenu call and do a custom menu.

A custom popup menu component is on my list of things to do. Unfortunately, that'd be a huge job as we'd have to match the Mac behaviour, make it accessible, support Bi-Di mode, and there'd be a fair bit of maintenance every time Microsoft updates their operating system or adds accessibility features.

This discussion has been closed.