[Definite] Bug in Agile1pAgent.exe (Chrome) leads to sticky display 'leak' of password [PIC]

mia
mia
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

See attached pic. This has happened many times to me so far. I really can't give a precise explanation as how to reproduce it.

I'll be doing some random task and it will just show that on my desktop. Exiting main 1PW app does not help. I am forced to kill the Agile1pAgent.exe process to get rid of it off my desktop.

Well, it happened to today and I didn't see it under my windows. Even when 1PW was locked when my friend minimized my windows he saw all of the information (including old passwords)

The window in question was from a login for a website. It appears it was derived from the 'notes' section of the login entry. To say it is annoying when 1PW does this would be an understatement. :(

According to Eventghost the window class of the offending yellow sticky thing is
TTntHintWindow.UnicodeClass

Running Windows 8.1, always all updates applied
Latest 1PW

UPDATE: I can tell you with 100% certainty now that this is a bug.

==================================================
Title : CURRENT FORWARDING EMAIL: ************@gmail.com
NEW PWD: ************************

AVAILABLE SPAMGOURMET DOMAINS:

==================================================
Visible : Yes
Size : (294, 471)
Handle : 002A0738
Class : TTntHintWindow.UnicodeClass
Top Most : No
Tool Window : Yes
App Window : No
Popup Window : Yes
ProcessID : 00000FD4
ThreadID : 00000E1C
Filename : C:\Program Files (x86)\1Password 4\Agile1pAgent.exe
Program Name : 1Password
Description : 1Password

Company : AgileBits

More info from WinExplorer:

Extended Style: WS_EX_MDICHILD
Style: WS_BORDER + WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + WS_VISIBLE + WS_POPUP

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Thanks for all that information, @mia!

We've not been able to determine why this happens on three or four customers' computers—we can't reproduce it, here—but you can simply disable the Show note in hint window (where available) option on the Browsers Logins tab of 1Password preferences.

Here's a snippet from the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide:

Displaying the Notes field

With this option enabled, 1Password will display the contents of a Login item’s Notes field if you let the pointer rest for a moment over the Login item in the extension menu. If you’re concerned about the momentary display, or if the display fails to disappear for some reason, you can disable this option.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

DBrown
    I may be able to help you with that. 1Password fatally crashed for the first time when I started tinkering it during the bug. According to the data, it looks like it might be related to the windows thing. Windows 8.1 dumped a bunch of data out of it. I have a text file full of debugging style info but I am afraid to send it out due to security concerns. Is there a specific section I could provide?

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Hi DBrown,
    I don't see that option. I went to 1PW preferences > Browsers.

I run a portable version of Chrome and Firefox (Portableapps.com), but I don't even see that option. What am I missing?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@mia @DBrown It is here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins > Show note in hint window (where available)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Thanks @svondutch !

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

I have the debug dump from this window issue. Let me know if it was helpful. I won't post my computer specs other than Win 8.1 64 bit.

@svondutch @DBrown I want to send the debug crash log that I strongly believe relates to this specfic issue. Can I email it to one you? I don't want to post it on the public forum.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Can I email it to one you?

@mia Please do!

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

If you happen to have reproducible steps, then I would love to hear about them. Thanks!

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Email sent, @svondutch

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I don't see that option. I went to 1PW preferences > Browsers.

Sorry about that, @mia. I've fixed the reply, above. I apologize for the error. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.