Possible to Display Secure Notes in Tray Icon Menu?

In other password managers you can click on the tray icon and then there is a Secure Notes flyout - is there a way to enable that on the 1Password for Windows Program?

Thanks!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In the 1Password for Windows extensions for your browser, if you move the pointer over a Login in the extension menu and leave it there for a second, and the Login includes any text in its Notes field, that text will appear in a pop-up (tool-tip) until you move the pointer or click elsewhere.

• Prestonean
    Prestonean
    Community Member

Thanks for trying to help! I'm talking about the Secure Notes which is on par with Logins, Wallet, Accounts, Software, Secure Notes, Identities. Is there an option anywhere to enable that list of Secure Notes to be accessed via the tray icon?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry, @Prestonean, there is not. Nor is there direct access through the system tray icon to any other item type in your 1Password vault.

• Prestonean
    Prestonean
    Community Member

Thanks sir. Respectfully though, Credit Cards and Identities are available... ;) Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Not that I'm aware of, @Prestonean. :/ Here's what's in the system tray icon's menu on my system:

Can you post a screen shot or describe the steps to see Credit Card and Identity items in that menu?

Thanks!

• Prestonean
    Prestonean
    Community Member

I get that same menu if I have the program open, but if you close it, and then right click you get this menu:

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@DBrown you will see @Prestonean's popup menu when a web browser is in the foreground.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Well, I'll be danged. Thanks for the reminder, @svondutch and @Prestonean!

I had the window closed, but the main program was running in the background. :blush:

@Prestonean, I'll add this to the list of requested features, but I believe the logic for its absence is that that menu, like the menu in the browser extension, includes only items that can be used to fill forms.

This discussion has been closed.