ID data field doesn't populate

Options

I visit a website that has a separate page for both the user ID and the password. I created two separate logins, one for the user ID and another for the password. Works fine on my OS and iOS platforms. I just select the user id login first and that takes me to the website, completes the userid field and logs me in. That, in turn, produces a page that includes the password data field. Here I simply click on the 1password mini icon, the page is recognized and the appropriate login is displayed, I select it and the data field populates.

On my PC, running Windows 8, 1Password does not recognize the data field for the userid on the first page of the two page process. I select the userid login from 1Password, it calls up the correct page, but it will not fill in the userid data block. Once I complete the first step manually and progress to the password page, 1Password works normally from here!

What say you?

Thanks

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BlackSophie What web browser are you seeing this problem with?

Also, I'm interested in how you are navigating to this web site. Are you doing this from the 1Password app, or are you using the 1Password web browser extension?

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

It would also be interesting to create a new Login item for that first (user ID) page, to see whether that new Login item works in OS X and iOS, as well as Windows.

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the latest Internet Explorer, in Windows 8. I tried logging into the first of the two pages via both the extension and the 1Password application. The same result as described above. Works fine on my Mac...will try it on my iOS device to see what result is produced.
    Thanks

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BlackSophie When IE is your default web browser, and you click on a URL in the 1Password app, then IE will open but your credentials won't get filled. This is a known issue. What you can do is click on the 1Password button in IE, and then click on your Login item (it should appear at the top of the 1Password popup menu).

This discussion has been closed.