Can't add second iDevice

peterg44
peterg44
Community Member
My iPod touch may, iPhone not at all
I have had an iPod touch for a while, and the 1Password seems to sync fine (with Dropbox). The touch shows up on the side panel. I now have an iPhone as well, and I can't seem to make any contact with 1Password. It is true that when I changed the password on my Mac, the password on my iPhone was affected, but the Mac application seems to think the iPhone is the IPod touch (maybe). In any case, it does not recognize the iPhone and nothing syncs, I hope somebody can help.

Comments

• peterg44
    peterg44
    Community Member
    edited February 2011
    Problem solved. I reinstalled the iPhone app (it had been carried over from the iPod Touch) and they both sync with dropbox. Never did figure out whether I could have synced with wi-fi, but I can't see that it matters.
  • Hi Peter, welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the update, I’m glad that you were able to fix this. The Dropbox Sync is actually more simple to use than Wi-Fi Sync since there are no authentication codes and network configuration to deals with. It just works after setting it up once.

You shouldn’t have to reinstall 1Password to fix this, this may have been an authorization issue but we would need to see the diagnostics report to see this. Since you’re using Dropbox Sync, I guess we’ll just forget about it for now.

Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.