1Password Trial?

Options
TripleHjr
TripleHjr
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am a Mac user of 1PW for Mac trying to help a friend install 1PW for Windows on his PC since I've been selling this "great password manager"!--first we tried for 3 hrs to get the store to accept his order--then we came to forum and find out have to use different browser--(do you know how hard it is for a newbie to understand another browser?)--now we have app loaded and 3 logins in place--across the top of the 1Password page is "1Password Trial"--why is that ?and how do we get this problem solved?
Hank

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

That "1Password Trial" title means that no license key has been entered—you're enjoying the free and unlimited 30-day trial feature. Please see the Registering 1Password article for the simple instructions.

(Similarly, if you enable the "betas" option in 1Password preferences, the title of the 1Password window will soon change to "1Password Beta".)

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

we have a communication problem--my friend entered his credit card and pushed"submit" and dialog came back "Your order was received"--so credit card was charged--why did it then go to "Trial"?--we went to his inbox in Outlook (Windows 8) and no message had been received from Agilebits--can you communicate off-line and give us a phone # to call and get this straightened out?

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

DBrown---we have now found the email and found the license key--input it and "Trial" is removed--thank you--Hank

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, Hank—thanks for letting us know!

I trust you understand that 1Password didn't "go to 'Trial'"—it stays in trial mode until you enter the license key. That's the only way it "knows" you've purchased a license.

Thanks so much for choosing 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.