Windows trial to Mac

Options

I'm using the trial 1 Password 4 for my Windows PC and liked it so purchased the Mac version 5 and got a license for it but now need to install the license in the Windows trial version. My confirming email states I can use the same license on my Windows PC but it won't load since the Mac file is not compatible with windows. How can I get the license for my Windows PC?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Did you purchase a 1Password for Mac+Windows bundle in our online store?

Oh, I see in our records that you purchased a 1Password 5 for Mac license.

Your 1Password 5 for Mac license key will get you a nice discount on a 1Password for Windows license in our online store. Click on the "Upgrade" button nearest 1Password for Mac, and enter your 1Password for Mac license key to see pricing for a 1Password for Windows license. (If I remember correctly, it'll be about the difference between what you paid for the 1Password for Mac license and what you would've paid for the 1Password for Mac+Windows bundle license.)

If that doesn't seem to be the case, please contact us by e-mail at support+licenses@agilebits.com, and one of my co-workers will be happy to help as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can start enjoying all the features of 1Password for Windows, using the unrestricted 30-day trial.

Thanks for choosing 1Password!

• aok
    aok
    Community Member
    Options

I have got a 1Password 5 for Mac license. I've tried the windows version as trial and liked it. So now I want to order a Windows licence also.

When I try the upgrade option, there is the "1Password 4 for Windows single license" option and also there is a "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle single license" option which is 10$ more expensive.

So I an confused about this. If I just use the upgrade for windows option does my license for 1Password 5 for Mac is converted to the windows license and I wont be able to use Mac license? If not what is the point of upgrading to the bundle license since I already have Mac license?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

You're not upgrading from 1Password for Mac to 1Password for Windows; you're upgrading your 1Password "license portfolio" (not an official term) to include 1Password for Windows, as well as 1Password for Mac.

You don't want to purchase the bundle license, because you've already purchased a 1Password for Mac license.

You want to purchase what you don't have yet, which is the 1Password for Windows license. Using your existing 1Password for Mac license (as described in my earlier reply) will get you a nice discount on the remaining license.

I hope that makes sense.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown I was going to answer @aok's question earlier but when I looked at the store upgrade page I wasn't sure either. It could maybe do with a little re-wording to improve clarity.

Maybe something as simple as adding a free option to swap Windows for Mac or vice versa would make it clear that the $25 option is an additional licence.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's not a swap, though.

When you click one of the "upgrade" buttons, you're saying you want to enhance (upgrade) your 1Password "portfolio" by getting a new version on the platform for which you already have a license, adding a new platform, adding Knox, ...whatever. On the next page (well, after you provide your existing license, to confirm that you qualify) you indicate which "enhancement" you want.

It could, perhaps, be worded more clearly, but not by adding a "swap" option. That's not something we do, formally. though we try to help customers in whatever way we can.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I know it's not a swap...now that you've explained it. What I was saying is the the whole "portfolio" concept is not obvious from the upgrade page. Both @aok and I were unsure whether the $25 was to convert a license to a different platform or to add an additional license.

It could, perhaps, be worded more clearly, but not by adding a "swap" option. That's not something we do, formally. though we try to help customers in whatever way we can.

Maybe you should consider doing it formally. If a user switches platforms then they might 1Password on the new platform but have no need of it on the old one.

• aok
    aok
    Community Member
    Options

I think the confusing thing is having both "1Password 4 for Windows" option and "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" option.

• since the options appear after I enter my license code and the system knows that I already have a "1Password 5 for Mac", + "1Password 5 for Mac" only offer is disabled as it should be.
    • but why does it offers a mac+windows bundle with a more expensive price?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

why does it offers a mac+windows bundle with a more expensive price?

I can't explain why; I can only explain how. :)

If a user switches platforms then they might 1Password on the new platform but have no need of it on the old one.

Indeed, and we're happy to try and help such customers. It's a relatively rare situation, in our experience, which is probably why we don't complicate the store with yet another option. It might be a little too complicated already.

• iquisine
    iquisine
    Community Member
    Options

Here is my confirmation letter:
    Name: IQuisine
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license
    Notes:

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

Your 1Password 5 license entitles you to use 1Password 3 and 4 as well. Your 1Password 3 license key is 1Password 4 uses the same license file as 1Password 5.'

It states that my license entiltes me to use 1Password 4. does that mean I can use the one license for both my Windows PC and my Mac?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iquisine, that's a 1Password for Mac confirmation message, and references to earlier versions apply to earlier versions of that software.

1Password for Windows is licensed separately. Please see our License Policy page for details.

This discussion has been closed.