Options

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @Nunuv Yurbiz ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Citibank! This is a site that our developers are currently working to improve 1Password's behaviour on. Could you please provide us with a bit more detail on where things are getting tangled up?

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed?
    • What is the version number of your operating system?
    • Which browser are you using, and what is the version number?
    • What is the version number of your browser extension? (This can normally be found in the browser’s preferences, in the ‘extensions’ pane.)
    • How are you accessing the website? (Are you using the 1Password extension to open the site and fill your details, or are you using ⌘\ ( Command- \ ) while viewing the page?)
    • What do you see when you ask 1Password to fill?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

ref: OPX-546

• Nunuv Yurbiz
    Nunuv Yurbiz
    Community Member
    Options

No biggy. I don't have the Agilebits store version, so can't install the beta, to be able to report bad web sites via the app, so the instructions were to post here. It's the latest version of everything. I use the Safari plugin. It fills in the user id but nothing else (password, take me to...). Just bad web design.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nunuv Yurbiz,

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble you're having with 1Password and that Citi website! That site is rather notorious for not playing nice with 1Password, and our developers are definitely trying to improve this in future versions. There are other discussions about this on our forums which might help. Some users have had success with these steps:

1. Visit the login page: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
    2. Enter your password first (type it manually, or copy/paste) and then enter your username, but don't submit the form yet.
    3. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then the gear icon next to the search field, and choose Save new Login.
    4. Change the title so you can easily tell the new Login apart from the old one, then click the Save button.
    5. Refresh the page, then try to have 1Password fill your info using the new login.

Does the new Login work?

• Nunuv Yurbiz
    Nunuv Yurbiz
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm afraid not. The new saved login saves just "a" as the password (and, yes, I did it twice to make sure it wasn't a messed up copy/paste to the form field, and, no, my password does not start with "a"). In 1Password, for the normal login item, when I select "show web form details," interestingly there are fields with "b," "c," and "d." My password is above the "b" field, so I guess the "a" comes from the web form field labels or something.

But there is another URL that seems to work fine: https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do.

So here are my login item URLs:

Desktop: online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do
    Mobile: www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
    helper: mobile.citibankonline.com/GLMOB/p

On my iPhone, I use the mobile URL; on my Mac, I use the desktop URL; the third URL is where the mobile URL redirects to but if I try to go direct to that it doesn't work. So, it's a "helper" URL for iOS - it gets 1Password to recognize the site and make the login readily available. (Without it, 1Password on iOS just offers up credit cards and identities.)

On my iPhone, going to the desktop URL and entering the login redirects to the mobile URL, necessitating logging in a second time.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nunuv Yurbiz,

I'm glad you were able to get the Login to work with a different URL, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know the details! :) I'll definitely make a note of that, as I'm sure it will be helpful for others who are also having trouble with Citi logins.

If you need anything else, we're always happy to help so just let us know!

• jiclark
    jiclark
    Community Member
    Options

I was having the exact same issue as Nunuv, and his link appears to fix the issue for me as well. Thanks Nunuv!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is one of the reasons why I like the forums, here a user reported his findings and it's helped others in the same boat. So thank you @Nunuv Yurbiz once again :smile:

• sabobrian1936
    sabobrian1936
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue with me on citi credit cards

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sabobrian1936,

I see that you posted for help with this problem in another discussion, and I just replied to you there. If you need more help with that, we'll keep the conversation going in the other thread so we don't duplicate efforts or cause confusion between here and there (and I'll close this thread since the OP's issue has been solved). Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.