3.5.7 Enhancement Request

Quitting
Hello,
The release notes for 3.5.7 indicated that 1P would not quit if only the Red Button were clicked -- only that the window would close, but the App would remain open.

Can this (please?) be an optional choice in Preferences? I would greatly prefer the entire App close -- I can deal with having to re-type my password for 1P in exchange for the security of having it close.

Thank you.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    That issue/request was exhaustively debated in this recently locked topic:

Quit When Closing Main Window
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hello Quietwalker,

This was discussed ad nauseam in another (now closed) thread. We have simply reverted to the behavior 1Password and nearly all Mac OS X applications have always had. There was only a temporary change for two weeks between releases where closing the main window would actually quit the application. Please quit 1Password via the menu bar or by pressing ⌘Q on your keyboard when you are done using 1Password.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were looking for, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
  • Quietwalker
    Quietwalker
    Community Member
    Khad (and sjk),
    Wow; didn't realize it had been discussed at such length. I just thought the Agile folks were so acomodating (like a simple application preference).... but, I can adapt.
    Thanks to both of you for your responses.
    QW

khad wrote:

Hello Quietwalker,

This was discussed ad nauseam in another (now closed) thread. We have simply reverted to the behavior 1Password and nearly all Mac OS X applications have always had. There was only a temporary change for two weeks between releases where closing the main window would actually quit the application. Please quit 1Password via the menu bar or by pressing ⌘Q on your keyboard when you are done using 1Password.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were looking for, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for understanding. We are certainly still listening, but the loudest roar was heard when the change was made before. :-)
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I just thought the Agile folks were so acomodating (like a simple application preference)

Eschew preferences perhaps? :)
  • MikeT
    edited February 2011

Khad (and sjk),
    Wow; didn't realize it had been discussed at such length. I just thought the Agile folks were so acomodating (like a simple application preference).... but, I can adapt.
    Thanks to both of you for your responses.
    QW

Hi Quietwalker,

If we accommodate everybody, there’ll be hundreds of settings and everybody would get confused. We want our product to be simple to use for everybody. In this case, 1Password will close only if you explicitly tell it to quit and in this case, either via the 1Password Menu > Quit or the system wide keyboard shortcut for quitting applications, “Command + Q”.

Thanks for understanding.
This discussion has been closed.