Dropbox Login

eXeler0n
edited February 2011 in iOS
Hello,
I like to use Dropbox sync on my iPod Touch, but every time I fill in my login data 1Password says, they are wrong. I tried it with the autofill of 1Password (verified the login on my mac and synced it over WiFi to my iPod) and I filled the form manually. Both time the same error: Wrong e-mail or password.
I checked for spaces or other mistakes, but everything is right. How can i solve this problem?

My versions:

MacBook Pro - OS X 10.6.6 - 1Password 3.5.7 - Dropbox v0.7.110
iPod Touch - iOS 4.2.1 (8C148) - 1Password Pro 3.5.6

Thanks for you help

Comments

• Hi eXeler0n, welcome to the forums!

Try changing the password at Dropbox.com to a different password and then try again on your iPod touch.

Please let me know if it helps.
  • Hello,
    thanks for your reply. I changed the password from a 8 letter/number combination to a only-number combination. No change. Im not able to log into Dropbox.

Greets
  • Hi eXeler0n,

Have you reset the Dropbox Sync Accounts information? Open 1Password and go to:
    Settings > Sync > Dropbox Sync > Account > Reset

Start again from the beginning with this Dropbox Sync guide.
  • Hi,
    I never used Dropbox sync before. Its the first time installation.
    I read the instruction ne more time and followed the pictures. I'm stuck at this point:
    SyncingEnterDropboxLogin.png
    Because I'm not able to log in I havent any Dropbox account to reset on my iPod Touch.

Maybe its important, but this is the complete error:
    Login failed. Please make sure email and password are correct.

Error: (null)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It sounds like the credentials you are supplying are not the correct ones. 1Password simply passes exactly what you type to Dropbox where you are authenticated on the Dropbox server. The error message is really coming from Dropbox. :S

Perhaps there is some previous authentication being cached, though. Please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Please ensure you can log in to the Dropbox website with the credentials you are trying to use and give it another try after restarting your iPhone.
  • eXeler0n
    edited February 2011
    Same mistake. I can reset 1Password Pro on my iPod if neccessary.
    Reset it, delete it, redownload it, sync it. Could this help?

Edit:

I found the error -.-
    After redownloading etc I installed dropbox on my iPod and tried logging in there. I had the wrong date/time settings. One year in the past :D
    Its working now, thanks.
  • Hi eXeler0n,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad you were able to get this to work.

Dropbox is very sensitive about the date/time, it has to be precise. The security token we get from Dropbox has a time limit in it and if your device does not appear to be in the time frame, it’ll fail.
This discussion has been closed.