Did an update and now I'm locked out - rejecting my license code

I just installed your latest update and when 1Password started up it asked for my license code. Which was strange because I was already licensed and have been for some time. I put the code in and it rejected it. I provided my email address and got a new code and it rejected that as well. What gives?

Comments

• I should add that my copy on Windows is now called 1Password Trial. My Android app is still working OK.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

I just installed your latest update and when 1Password started up it asked for my license code.

You're probably running version 4.2.0.548, correct? This is a STABLE release (not a BETA release). Our STABLE release is FREE for 30 days.

If you have used the STABLE version for more than 30 days AND you have more than 20 items in your vault, then the STABLE version needs a license key.

Which was strange because I was already licensed and have been for some time.

You might have been running the BETA version which does not need a license key. If you already have a license key, then you can paste it into the STABLE version here: Help > Enter License Key

I put the code in and it rejected it. I provided my email address and got a new code and it rejected that as well.

Does you license key start with 1PWW-? If yes, then you have an old license key (not a version 4 license key). You are eligible for a discount. Click here to upgrade your license in the 1Password store. Thanks!

• Hi @jmacg,

Let us know Stefan (svondutch) helped answer your question. If you're sure you have a license for 1Password 4, email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we will help you register the license for your app.

This discussion has been closed.