Tab menu not working in I.E? [Moved to email support]

reck
reck
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm not able to get the login tab menu to open up in I.E. for some reason. This is the menu you get when you right-click or press tab on a login in the browser. Works ok in Firefox but nothing happens in I.E. when I press tab or right-click.

Comments

• Hi @reck,

Just to make sure I understand the problem, are you referring to this one:

or this one:

It might help to restart the PC, I sometime get glitches like this and a restart would fix it without seeing the glitch again for me. That is assuming we're talking about the same problem.

Can you tell me more about your Windows and IE versions as well as the 1Password version?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Yes that's what i'm talking about Mike.

I noticed the problem on my work computer but I have the same problem on my home system as well so I don't think it's just a glitch.

Should IE work in the same way as FF where you can right click or press the tab key to see the menu? If so neither work for me for some reason. FF is fine on both systems.

The system i'm currently on at home is running Windows 7 64-bit, 1Password 4.2.0.548, I.E. 11

• Hi @reck,

It should, I used IE when I created these screenshots but that was on Windows 8.1. I just tried IE on Windows 7, looks good as well.

Please try this and see if it works;

1. Close IE, open the main 1Password application and unlock
    2. Go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers
    3. Uncheck the option for the Internet Explorer to uninstall it and click OK.
    4. Open IE and then close it again.
    5. Go back to 1Password, go to the Browsers preferences in step 2 and this time, check the option next to Internet Explorer.
    6. Open IE, it should prompt to ask if you want to enable the 1Password add-on, say yes.

See if it works now. If yes, repeat the process on the other computer.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Just run through your instructions but it's not fixed the problem unfortunately. Nothing happens when I right-click or press the tab key when mousing over any of my logins in I.E.

• Are you using any kind of special software that modifies the Internet Explorer?
    I've just tried to reproduce the issue on both my Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs with IE11, but wasn't successful.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Alex, nothing I can think of. My primary browser is Firefox so I don't really use IE unless I have to, which I occasionally do for compatibility reasons with certain sites.

Also it's not working on either my Work or Home computers. My work one is running Windows 8 and my home one Windows 7.

• What is the exact version of IE11 that you're running?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

My work computer (Windows 8) is running I.E. 11

Version: 11.0.9600.117631
    Update Versions: 11.0.16 (KB3021952)
    Product ID: 00150-20000-00003-AA459

• Hi @reck,

Would it be possible to send us your diagnostic reports from both machines after you try to reproduce the problem? We might be able to compare both reports to see the patterns. If you have certain app that is the same on both machine, it might help us reproduce it.

To send us the report, please follow the guide here after you already reproduced the problem first: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

The thread link to put in the email to us: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37510/tab-menu-not-working-in-i-e

Let us know here when you sent it, so we can look for it.

Thanks!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

OK I've just fired the email off to you.

Strangely on my computer at home it started working this evening for the first time since I started testing. My work computer continues to not work at all though so I've sent through the diagnostics of that system to see if you can see anything.

• Hi @reck,

Strangely on my computer at home it started working this evening for the first time since I started testing.

That is weird. Were there any updates you've done before it started working?

My work computer continues to not work at all though so I've sent through the diagnostics of that system to see if you can see anything.

We got the report (#AZU-61215-978) and we'll follow up as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Yes i'd installed some Windows updates the evening before but not sure there was anything related to I.E.

When I get to work on Monday i'll check and install all OS updates just in case that fixes it. I am running Win 8 at work though and 7 at home so there is a difference there.

• Thanks, please do let us know how it turns out on Monday via the email you sent us.

To make sure the whole team is aware of the changes, I'm going to close this thread, so we can communicate via emails only and not miss any updates in two different places.

This discussion has been closed.