Feature request

I really love that now I can have more that one Vault (1 perso, 1 for job).

But it's a bit heavy because I have to switch a lot during a day between the two vault. each time I switch, it's locking the previous...
so if in the same 20 minutes, i have to switch 4 times, it's a lot of password entering. I would love to keep both vault unlock with the same rule that apply on one vault.

Also, it would be nice that my password search is reset when I switch vault.

regards
MM

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2015

Hi @Merlin3333333,

I would love to keep both vault unlock with the same rule that apply on one vault.

It is difficult to do this in the way 1Password works with protecting your data. The moment you unlock the vault with your master password, we remove your master password from the system completely to maintain your security and because 1Password is a single document model application, the moment you switch your vault, we lock the previous vault automatically (removing its key in memory as well) to ensure it doesn't remain unlocked forever.

A previous thread went into details about how this work and why we made the decision to make 1Password work like this, you can find it useful to skim through here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37303/multiple-vaults-in-windows-passwords-over-and-over#latest

We never say never, so it is possible we'll improve on this to make it more user-friendly.

Also, it would be nice that my password search is reset when I switch vault.

That might be something we can do, I'll file an improvement request to consider it. One reason we do this is that when you can't find what you're looking for and you think it might be in the other vault, you can instantly switch vaults without retyping the search filter.

In addition, we added a blinking indicator around the search field to make sure you're aware that the application is in a search mode, so when you switch vault and it looks empty, we tell you why.

Thank you for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.