Windows client UI problem

Options

I've got quite a few lines of text in my notes field in some of my logins. The UI allows me to grab and resize the bottom of the Notes box to expand it which works quite nice.

However there seems to be a problem in that there are no scroll bars and the login window is now overflowing below the screen so i'm not able to see the bottom part. I'm missing the buttons and bottom part of the fields part of the window. Worse still it affects all windows that I open after i've previously resized the windows

I've found that if you exit 1Password and come back in it fixes itself. Any chance of a fix for the UI scaling problem?

Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @reck,

We do need to work on making the interface more "flowable" and that's in the plan in the future for 1Password.

We added some tricks like collapsing sections to try to give you more space in the meantime and as you mentioned, you can also drag your note field to resize it a bit if you want.

I did notice that when I resized the note field, it does not resize upward (which would've help in your case) and I have to terminate the application before it goes back to the regular size. I've filed a bug report with the development team on this.

As a workaround, one thing you can do is press Control + S to save the changes and close the window if you can't reach the save button.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

I did notice that when I resized the note field, it does not resize upward (which would've help in your case) and I have to terminate the application before it goes back to the regular size.

Yes that's it. Resizing the note field seems to "break" the windows and you have to terminate to fix the problem. Making the interface more flowable is certainly needed but if you can at least fix this bug initially it would be more manageable to work with until an improved interface can be implemented.

BTW collapsing the sections doesn't really help with this bug as once you've resized the notes field you're stuffed until you terminate.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @reck,

It turns out this is a known UI issue and we will address it in a future update. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on this.

Right now, when you resize the note field upward, try dragging it upward very slowly and it should then work. It turns out both of us are doing it too quickly after I explained the problem. It's a weird bug but should be addressed in the future.

I've also filed a request to see if we can reset the editor view quickly via a shortcut, this would reset all field size to the smallest possible as well as collapsing all sections.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Right now, when you resize the note field upward, try dragging it upward very slowly and it should then work.

I'll give it a go. Thanks

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I did notice that when I resized the note field, it does not resize upward

Fixed in 4.2.1.BETA-551

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Many thanks.

• You're welcome! Please let us kow if we can help you with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.