1 Password V 4.1.0.548 Add-On and Ctrl + \ stopped working on IE 11 [Caused by Webroot]

Options
Yorgos
Yorgos
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I think after I updated 1Password from V. 4.1.0.530 to V. 4.1.0.548 the add-on on IE 11 stopped working on Windows 7-64 bit, use to work perfect and works perfect on Chrome. When I open IE going to Tools, clicking on 1Password nothing happens. When I go to Settings, Manage add-ons I can see it's enabled, also when IE asked me to allow access to 1Password add-on I said yes.
I tried everything uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on on IE, uninstalling the new version reinstalling the older one, uninstalling everything, cleaning the registry, reinstalling again the latest version, same problem. I turned off the Windows Firewall, disabled my Webroot antivirus software nothing changed same issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Yorgos

Comments

• Hi Yorgos,

Sorry to hear you're having this much trouble.
    Let me take a step back for a moment.

When you say you reinstalled the Internet Explorer extension, you did so in the 1Password preferences?
    Have you made any changes to Internet Explorer recently? Have you installed any new add-ons?
    Did you check the Enhanced Protected Mode setting?

Since you're saying that the shortcuts works fine in Chrome, I think it's safe to assume that this is limited to the Internet Explorer.

Cheers

• Yorgos
    Yorgos
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Alex,

Yes I reinstalled the IE extension from the the 1Password preferences and I haven't installed any new add-ons. The Enhanced Protected mode is disabled. Regarding the other add-ons I disabled the "Fiddler" nothing else its enabled. Also under security I reset all zones to default level!

Any other ideas? Do you know if 1Password has email or phone support?

Thank you
    Yorgos

• AlexHoffmann
    edited March 2015
    Options

Of course we have email support (support+windows@agilebits.com). Phone support works on appointment basis, but we do offer it, too.

I'm curious. Can you tell us the exact steps you take to cause this behaviour?
    We're having trouble recreating the issue and I'd be very grateful if you could list those steps in as much detail as possible.

• Yorgos
    Yorgos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alex,
    I found the problem, it was my Webroot antivirus program
    Thank you for your help
    Yorgos

• MikeT
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @Yorgos,

That's great, I'm glad you got it working. We actually have a guide for Webroot in our knowledge base here if you want to allow both to co-exist on the same PC: https://support.1password.com/configure-webroot-secureanywhere/

This discussion has been closed.