Short cut for log-in doesn't really work

Options

I've noticed the short cut "control" thing doesn't work like 90% of the time when trying to use that to sign in with your log-in and password. Instead of it putting in your user name and password, you just get that "search, favorites, tag, etc." box instead. So I still try it, but instead have to rely on the 1Password icon in the upper right to load my log-in and password. There are some times when I click away to get rid of the "search" box, and do the "control" shortcut again and after like 5 tries it ends up finally putting in the log-in and password.

Other things is I've noticed on different forums, that clicking on the 1Password in the upper right to click it to load your log-in and password. That it doesn't put your log-in or password at all. Instead it doesn't load anything and it will just hit the "log-in" button instead which is error since no log-in and password was entered. There was a time when it didn't put a log-in name in, but just put the password in and hit the "log-in" button. But when this happens on some forums, the only way to log in to these sites is to go to the main 1Password program and copy and paste the password and manually enter the log-in ID.

Comments

• That doesn't sound like 1Password at all.
    While there are instances where 1Password might not be able to fill a login form, it usually does.

To me it sounds like there's something interfering with the process.

What browser extensions are you using?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I've experienced this, and reported it a couple of times. My problem has always been that the issue is too intermittent to profile effectively. I've experienced it on multiple beta versions for as long as I can remember. They were always the latest version available at the time.

Since the 1Password button works, it implies that the filling algorithm is good. It's likely that the problem is in detecting the active browser window. Obviously this is easy when the button is clicked in the browser but the shortcuts are processed at the system level.

• It's interesting, because I rarely experience this on either of my Windows systems.
    I'd be interested in getting some more information here.

• baker
    baker
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann

Are you referring to the 1Password 4.2.5 extension?

• I was referring to other extensions you're using in your browser.

• baker
    baker
    Community Member
    Options

I turned them all off except 1Password extension, and it still looked like same problems. Though on this forum, the shortcut "Control" works fine.

Most of the time the "Control" short cut doesn't fill in login and password. You just get a "search" box thing pop up.

Though some places it works fine. I usually have to use the upper right icon to click on to get the auto fill for login and password. But then there are some times even doing that, it won't put any username or password in. It will just click the "login" button. There was an example of it putting my username in, but didn't put in the password, and then it hit the "login" button.

But I think it's mostly on forums where I have the problem of it not filling in the username and password. I have to copy and past the password when it does that.

• Ok, this is interesting.
    Can you please tell us which sites the filling doesn't work on most of the time? But only if you feel comfortable sharing this information.

Also: With these sites, have you tried manually entering the login credentials (or copying and pasting them) and then saving the password manually? It might be that the login form has changed and 1Password is having trouble filling it.

I'm not sure I understand this:

Most of the time the "Control" short cut doesn't fill in login and password. You just get a "search" box thing pop up.

Can you please elaborate?

This discussion has been closed.