Am I supposed to upgrade to sync?

I have an updated version: 3.5.2 and trying to sync between computers. I don't get the same options that are in your tutorials - there is no sync option under Preferences. I exported my data to a USB drive, but it looks like I need to create a new user file.

I want to sync all my devices.

Why do you guys make this so hard?

Please advise. Thanks.

Cate

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @catestillman,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing! I moved your message to our 1Password 3 for Mac forums since you're using version 3.

It sounds like you may have been looking at tutorials for setting up sync in 1Password 4 or 5. In 1Password 3, under Preferences you can find the Dropbox sync settings on the General tab. If your .agilekeychain file isn't already in Dropbox, you should be able to click on the Move to Dropbox button there.

If that gives you an error or if that button is grayed out, you can right-click on the file path shown there and choose Move Data File To Another Folder. Then you can choose a location in your Dropbox folder.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you're still having trouble syncing your 1Password data. Thanks!

• catestillman
    catestillman
    Community Member

how do I upgrade to the 1 password 5?

• catestillman
    catestillman
    Community Member

ok - I did it via dropbox. Now will all my computers set up to this file automatically integrate?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @catestillman,

Each machine has to be separately told to use the 1Password.agilekeychain you now have stored in Dropbox.

Assuming we're still referring to 1Password 3, instead of the Move Data File to Another Folder... you will want to use the Choose Another... button. The difference is move would overwrite the file already in Dropbox while Choose Another... is saying use this other vault from now on.

If it's a machine that hasn't run 1Password before it should find the 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox and ask if you wish to use it (where you will say yes). After that yes, any alteration on one machine will be reflected on all other machines using Dropbox.

Let us know if you have any further questions :smile:

This discussion has been closed.