To many clicks - asking for a feature

Windows, Firefox plugin

OK, I was a user of an roboform program for a while, and I am missing some of their features so decided to share it with you. When I go to some webpage and I'm not loged in it takes me 2 or 3 clicks and a master password (by the way is it possible to turn off). With roboform it was just 1 click.

1pass scenario
typing forum.agile.ws
clicking 1P icon in the firefox
loging with 1pass
meanwhile there is a master password

the other program
typing forum.agile.ws
they keycard is already bolded just below the address so all I have to do is click it.

Some of you might actually say what is my problem 1 or 2 more clicks doesn't cost anything and I have to agree but still as a former roboform user I find it really annoying. Is there anything you can do about it ? I mean the less clicks and the simples the better I don't want to see interface of the 1pass every time I want to log in somewhere.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Instead of clicking on the 1P button, you can press Ctrl+\ on your keyboard. If you have unlocked 1Password before, then it should not prompt you with anything, and simply auto-fill your username and password.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    ganldaf80, welcome to the forum!

You can read about 1Password's locking behavior in Why is the 1Password data file locked? in the FAQ section of the user's guide.

We'll probably look into possible alternatives to the current cross-process lock/unlock behavior in future releases, but only to the extent that we can do so without sacrificing the security of your data.

Thanks for your patience, ganldaf80!
  • Thank you for a quick answers, the shortcut solve 1st problem.

I really hope you will be able to disable the master password as I have disabled it in preferences but as you said it resets way to often, and it is simple pain in the ass ;) Looking forward into more features from MacOS.
  • Sophia
    Sophia
    Community Member
    That, and the ability to autofill fields (discussed before elsewhere), would also win me over all the way to 1Password for good :D Keep up the excellent work :)
This discussion has been closed.