auto fill doesn't work

Options
Kintaro81
Kintaro81
Community Member

I tried all the solutions from the KB but I can't make it work in any browser (tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox). :angry:

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.3 BETA (but I got the same problem with 10.10.2).

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kintaro81,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using the 1Password extension!

Just to avoid confusion here, 1Password doesn't actually have an "auto-fill" feature. It will only fill your data on a website when you explicitly tell it to do so by double-clicking a Login item in the main 1Password app, or by selecting the Login item from the 1Password extension in your web browser (or using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut). Can you elaborate on the steps you're taking to have 1Password fill your login credentials? Also, is this happening for just one of your Login items, or all of them?

Please also make sure you've installed the 1Password extension by opening the following link in each browser: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

In each browser where you want to use 1Password, you'll need to go to that link, click the big green Install button, and follow any additional steps. (I'm assuming you're using 1Password 4 or 5 on your Mac. If you're using 1Password 3, you'll need a different extension.)

Let us know how it goes up to this point. If it's still not working, please let us know the exact version of 1Password on your Mac, the version of the extension you have installed in each browser, and the steps you take to have 1Password fill your login info. Thanks!

• Kintaro81
    Kintaro81
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Drew,

for auto fill I mean using the ⌘\ keyboard.

1Password 5:
    App installed
    Mini Installed
    Extension installed by the big green Install ;)

I'm going to redo all the steps now, so finger crossed!

• Kintaro81
    Kintaro81
    Community Member
    Options

Solved!

I don't know why but the shortcut wasn't ⌘\ but ⌘ù! :'(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kintaro81: Oh dear! Sometimes different keyboard layouts or regional settings can cause some strange behaviour, but I'm glad you noticed that! Fortunately, you can set the keyboard shortcut to whatever you like in 1Password Preferences > General! Thanks for letting us know all is well for you now. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.