Options
13»

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's exactly right @iphone6.

The feature of auto-submission was removed.

• xspoon
    xspoon
    Community Member
    Options

The bottom line is this - after the most recent update the auto fill does not work and sites I went to all the time now no longer fill (even tapping the key below and selecting the correct password listing). This is a problem as two features that I relied on do not work on my iPhone 6 plus rendering this app unusable. You all need to fix what ever brain you need to and postThe an update, or I need to abandon 1Password and find another app. That is the underlined polite suggestions said throughout. I currently have a business license for our computers and 1password pro on iPhones. I will give you 2 weeks and then I will find another app. I do not have time to beta test something that was working for me correctly but now is broken. This is just a fact!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @xspoon,

We can't fix it unless you tell us what the problem is, in detail. Please see this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/193828/#Comment_193828

We'd be happy to help you get things working, but can't do so unless you help us help you.

Thanks!

Ben

• ontherecord
    ontherecord
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to see I'm not the only one upset about this horrible update. It has broken a great app. The autofill and auto login don't work. This new "brain" has essentially turned 1Password into a gigantic notepad that saves passwords. There is absolutely no reason for me to continue using this app nor will I recommended it to anybody. It use to be favorite app and it was the first app I would tell people to download. The change log made it seem like it was a great update and I was really excited. Now I am just full of disappointment and need to seek other options. Agilebits, congratulations on destroying a great app, you earned it. Obviously based on the mods comments they aren't going to fix what they broke anytime soon.

• rjmac29
    rjmac29
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Still not working when I try to open www.scottrade.com/fullsite on my iPhone 6 Plus or my iPad using 1Password and 1Browser.

Please let me know when this will be fixed!! Also, I personally preferred the auto submit when it worked properly too, so I would like for that feature to be available at least as a choice.

Things that ARE working and I love, so thank you for these:

1. Touch ID to log in on iPhone
    2. Adding 1Password extension to safari

Thanks for what you have gotten right but please fix so that I can continue to use 1Password on www.scottrade.com/fullsite using 1Browser.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

After reading this post and from my own experience I can say we are talking about two issues on this post that may be connected.
    Auto submit is first issue.
    Auto submit being removed mad people mad! As I can tell.
    I think the reason they removed auto submit was because of a security risk.
    The risk was that if a fake website appeared it would submit and give a criminal your sign in info.
    Another thing scared me about auto submit was it would fill my user name in other fields on the website so when I clicked submit did it submit in those fields?
    Plus some websites crashed when used. Surprised?

Auto fill is the second issue.
    Auto fill is something that quit working for some, but not all websites after latest update.
    Even before the latest update auto fill did not work on some websites.
    After latest update it includes more sites that auto fill does not work on.
    If I use extensions then on some of the web sites auto fill will work that way plus keeps me sign in to the current website. Using extension in Safari does not crash hardly ever that way. Safari is very stable browser.

I think they are working on a different way to use auto fill for a update.

Right now the best way for me is to use extensions and I will stay signed in on that website and to sign into 1Password separate if needed.

• drummer
    drummer
    Community Member
    Options

Tried the pw which i loved so far very much and was shocked. Why by heavens sake did you remove the main feature, the cause why all the people bought this stuff? seems like removing the tires off a car, because the road may be bumpy and there could be damage!
    I am terrybly sorry, but this is worthless. Ive got some single and a family license. Should I fill imevery thing manually again? Hell, I want the best function back.
    No excuses, this worked fine and was quick as a flash.
    Think about it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@xspoon: Again, let's avoid conflating two things. This thread is about the lack of AutoSubmit in 1Password for iOS. 1Password still supports password filling. These are completely separate, so let's avoid confusing things by posting filling issues in a thread about AutoSubmit.

I continue to use the same 1Password app you do to fill my login information. But if you are having trouble with specific sites, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section so that we can take a look at it and help you. Thanks!

• forrests
    forrests
    Community Member
    Options

Most of us could live with pushing a login button! The problem is that for some websites, as many many many people have noted, no longer even fill in the login info as it did in the past. From all the questions and answers I have read so far, I still can't understand if there is a fix in the works to make it possible to use 1password as we did in the past......or will some site just never work, no matter what we do?

• ontherecord
    ontherecord
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, bwoodruff, xspoon: Xspoon is correct, both auto login AND auto fill are not working. Yes we get that you took auto login away. Me and I'm sure everyone else in here, are upset because they BOTH worked. Why should we have to submit in other threads every login issue we have, when you clearly broke it. We should not have to put in the work in fixing your app that you broke. If you want a fix, roll back the update that broke everything we are complaining about. Look at your forum and you can clearly see that people are not happy. We are paying customers, not your beta testers for this new "brain".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@ontherecord: Again, as I mentioned in the post you are replying to, I use 1Password many, many times a day, and it still fills my logins. And this is a thread about AutoSubmit. So if you are having trouble with specific logins, we need to know which ones in order to help you.

There is nothing we can do when you simply say, "It doesn't work". For instance, if you had provided -- at the very least -- the URL to the site in question, I could have tested it myself and replied here. And, more importantly, posting in the appropriate place to report login issues will get you the help you need more quickly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@forrests: Indeed! In fact, there is already a thread dedicated to AutoSubmit feedback, so I am merging this into it to keep things simpler.

Additionally, form filling is a separate matter entirely, and we have a forum section dedicated to login rolling issues.

I see you have already posted there in a couple threads, and I replied to each roughly 12 hours before you posted here, so be sure to take a look and get back to me to let me know if my observations were helpful. Thanks! :)

• Shaky101
    Shaky101
    Community Member
    Options

I find auto submit missing and find it very annoying but ask if it was removed for security reasons then how does it become more secure for us by just pressing the submit button manually?
    It's not like we check the website link each time we use the app.

Auto fill is working fine for me but occasionally some sites no longer auto fill however this is because the sites changed their login page IMO.

Should we be worried about the security of 1passwods now with the comment on auto fill submitting passwords to fake sites? How is this possible if you have the URL already saved. Can a fake website actually edit yor 1passwors card settings and modify the URL to a fake site?
    How does a manual submit vary from auto submit?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shaky101: Login for filling and AutoSubmit are two separate things, although since they traditionally are used in sequence they are often confused.

1Password fills your login credentials into the website form based on (mainly) the names of the fields (which hidden values that do not necessarily say 'username' or 'password') . When you save a new login, 1Password also saves this information about the form itself so that it 'knows' where to fill your information for you next time.

But in some cases a webpage contains multiple fields (or multiple forms on the same page) with the same name, which is how you end up with 1Password sometimes filling the wrong fields. This isn't really a security risk because A you're on the site you intend to log into anyway and B even if the website is 'capturing' your login information when it is entered into the wrong fields...the site has your login information already anyway. This is why 1Password can be picky about the URL, as filling your gmail.com login on a site called gmale.com isn't what you want. This is also why it is important to login to websites using a secure (HTTPS) form.

AutoFill is known to have some issues in 1Browser currently, and we have a fix in the works. In the mean time, using the 1Password extension in Safari does the trick in the vast majority of cases. If, however, you encounter a site that will not fill in the extension either, be sure to let us know in the browser filling section of the forum so we can test it ourselves and get it working for you!

And just to reiterate, your login items will only be offered to you by 1Password when you are at the appropriate website. Manual submit is only different in that the user (not 1Password) must 'click' (or tap) the button to log in once the form is filled. On the desktop we are able to simulate pressing the Return key to do this automatically, whereas in iOS we were previously using Javascript to push the button. Unfortunately this causing problems for many sites, so we are looking for another alternative on iOS.

Additionally, iOS does not allow webpages local file access (you'll have seen this error if you've ever tried to use 1PasswordAnywhere from the Dropbox app), so it is not possible for a 'fake' website to alter your 1Password data.

I hope this helps answer your questions. :)

• Shaky101
    Shaky101
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I understand Login for filling and AutoSubmit are two separate things but I mentioned filling working fine for me as many saying it is broken. I also know this is not the right section for talk about filling but just made the comment that all ok from my iPhone & iPads as it is mentioned many times in this thread as broken.

I have some (small) idea how 1password works, by checking 'web form details' in saved login cards but was concerned when reading @kunder comment _"I think the reason they removed auto submit was because of a security risk. The risk was that if a fake website appeared it would submit and give a criminal your sign in info." _
    Is that comment correct? It is concerning that removing auto submit was because fake websites can get your login info. as if it can do it with auto submit then it can also do it with manual submit and this comment caused me concern for 1password security.

Simply put, if you have saved a secure https URL link in your 1password login card, I would never have thought that it could be re-directed to a fake site as other users comment makes?

I believe you have already answered this by reiterating "your login items will only be offered to you by 1Password when you are at the appropriate website" so does that mean your reason for removing auto submit from iOS app is not security from fake websites appearing but other problems (like javascript, etc)?

• Ben
    Options

@Shaky101,

Simply put, if you have saved a secure https URL link in your 1password login card, I would never have thought that it could be re-directed to a fake site as other users comment makes?

In an anti-phishing effort 1Password will only fill your details on a website that matches the URL you have saved in 1Password. You can read a little more about that here:

https://support.1password.com/why-no-autofill/

I believe you have already answered this by reiterating "your login items will only be offered to you by 1Password when you are at the appropriate website" so does that mean your reason for removing auto submit from iOS app is not security from fake websites appearing but other problems (like javascript, etc)?

Correct, yes. :)

The removal of autosubmit was for technical but not security reasons.

• h2oflyer
    h2oflyer
    Community Member
    Options

I want AutoSubmit re-enabled as well! It's a feature I use daily and miss it. I don't want excuses from uncle Fester, I want the functionality I paid for long ago!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @h2oflyer.

• rjmac29
    rjmac29
    Community Member
    Options

I agree!! I vote that auto submit be re-enabled on 1Password!! I don't understand why something that was working flawlessly was messed up!!!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rjmac29,

While it may have worked flawlessly for you, it did not work flawlessly for many, and actually broke 1Password with a number of sites. Further in order to move 1Password forward and get filling to work more accurately with more sites we needed to implement a new filling 'brain.' This new brain is not compatible with autosubmit.

Ideally we'd like to bring back autosubmit if we can get it working with the new brain, and if we can get it to work better than it did in its original incarnation. But I can't make any promises at this point that we're going to be able to do that.

Thanks.

Ben

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

I think it reasonable for users to expect that, having logged into a secure environment by way of a Master Password or PIN, and gone to a section call 'Logins' where they have entered all the necessary information, they will be 'logged in'. As I understand from this thread, this used to happen and for all those users that utilized that functionality, losing it has left them very frustrated. I fully understand an support their viewpoint. The category now would be more accurately named 'Login Details'. The old addage 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind. If the old version was 'broke' as you suggest, is it right that the 'fix' breaks something else?

Your perceived attitude of 'We've done this - live with it' is I believe the reason users are annoyed.

Going forward, I really hope you can find a way to restore the previous functionality and make what is otherwise a great product even more awesome.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Going forward, I really hope you can find a way to restore the previous functionality and make what is otherwise a great product even more awesome.

@tonydow: You and me both. I'm not going to apologize that we've removed AutoSubmit, as we've done so for the right reasons, and only after careful deliberation. But I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. And not just because my wife misses it too (though she does!)

Frankly, I think we were a bit taken aback that, after all the headache AutoSubmit has caused so many people, there are so many of you that were seemingly unaffected by its shortcomings. If nothing else, this motivates us even more to find a solution that works better, not only for you, but for those who had a negative experience with AutoSubmit for so long.

I know it's a lot we have to live up to, but rather than being daunted we are driven to exceed your expectations in the future. Thanks for not only your support, but the constructive criticism.

• johnoz
    johnoz
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've just used 1PW 5.4 on 2 iOS 8.3 iPads and auto fill worked on my 2 problem sites using 1Browser. Thanks, 1PW harmony reinstated :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnoz: Excellent! You're most welcome. I'm glad the update helped. Thanks for letting us know the improvements made a positive impact on your 1Password experience. Cheers! :)

• kley2014
    kley2014
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring the autosubmit back. It is very annoying not to have it. I dont understand the reason why is not back even in the latest release for the iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please bring the autosubmit back. It is very annoying not to have it. I dont understand the reason why is not back even in the latest release for the iPhone.

@kley2014: As mentioned in earlier posts, the reason is simple: Autosubmit was breaking a lot of logins. We would love to have that feature again (both for you, and for ourselves and our loved ones), but only if we're able to find a way to do it that doesn't cause more problems for people.

This discussion has been closed.