Cross platform license key problem.

I'm having an issue with getting 1Password to work on my Windows 7 desktop. I purchased 1Password from the mac app store on my new MacBook the other day, and I got everything up and running on my windows desktop too, but apparently the windows client was only running in demo mode. So as of this morning my windows computer is essentially unusable as I can no longer access my logins. It's now asking me for a license key that apparently I do not have by virtue of purchasing the app from the mac app store. I found an old topic where a user ran into a similar situation that can be found by following this link.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/32955/how-do-you-find-your-licence-key-if-purchased-form-the-mac-app-store-resolved-in-email

I'm hoping a similar fix can be worked out with me. Luckily I keep all my email receipts in a special folder and still have my receipt from apple proving I purchased 1Password from the app store. Can someone help provide me with some direction as to what I need to do to get this problem solved?

Comments

• @McSquishin - Could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com along with your receipt from the Mac App Store. We can then give you a coupon to purchase 1Password for Windows at the bundle price.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

So as of this morning my windows computer is essentially unusable as I can no longer access my logins.

@McSquishin You have always access to your Logins. You might see a nag screen when you start 1Password, but you can click on "Order Later".

• McSquishin
    McSquishin
    Community Member

@LauraR - Thanks for your quick reply and help with this. I've forwarded my receipt to the email you provided.

@svondutch - Yes, I spoke too soon. Regardless, thanks to Laura this will all soon be a nonissue anyway.

• @McSquishin - thanks for sending an email to our support channel. I have replied with your coupon.

ref: Cerb/HEM-43457-787

• McSquishin
    McSquishin
    Community Member

@LauraR - Everything is all good now, so thank you!

To anyone else that's reading looking for help with an issue like this now or in the future what I've discovered is that to get 1Password running fully on a Windows computer you have to purchase a Windows license which is separate from the mac app store purchase. I originally thought this was a mac application that happened to have windows support, but it's apparently two separate programs each requiring their own purchase. LauraR was very helpful and provided me with a discounted solution.

• @McSquishin - yes, they are two separate programs, each designed specifically for their own platform. I'm so glad I was able to help you.

This discussion has been closed.