Life circumstances

Options
jimbackup
jimbackup
Community Member

Life happened. The current laptop that I use won't be available to me anymore. I won't be able to access it. I use this laptop for 1password and I sync to my iphone. Is there a way to delete the data off the laptop but use it primarily for my iphone? I also have another laptop that I can use. It isn't as secure. icloud transfer isn't an option.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimbackup,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unfortunate circumstances in life! Whatever happened, I sincerely hope it gets better for you.

1Password for Mac stores its data locally on the computer, so unless you're able to remotely wipe that entire Mac, there's really no way for you to delete your 1Password data from it. But no one will be able to unlock your 1Password vault on that Mac as long as they don't know your master password. We do have some suggestions for what to do in a situation like this, which you can find in this knowledgebase article: My computer was stolen. Is my 1Password data safe? (Even if that Mac wasn't stolen, many of the tips on that page can still be very helpful.)

Fortunately it sounds like you have all your 1Password data on your iPhone. You can certainly install 1Password on another Mac and sync your data from your iPhone. Even if you can't use iCloud sync, you can use Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync.

If you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, you can re-download it from the Mac App Store on another Mac as long as you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used when you bought it. If you bought a license for 1Password for Mac from our web store, you can download 1Password for Mac from our download site and activate it with your license.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions!

• jimbackup
    jimbackup
    Community Member
    Options

awesome. thank you drew_ag!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all @jimbackup, I'm glad that was helpful! :)

This discussion has been closed.