Unable to load 1Password software on to Window 7 machine protected by Norton's Utilities.

I would like to load this software on my Windows 7 PC, which is protected by Norton Utilities. When I tried to load your software, I was not able to, because Norton Utilities had a problem with your free software package. It this intentional and thereby reduce the value of this product?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2015

Hi @gordonsata,

Can you tell us what it said specifically or provide us with a screenshot? We'll need to get in touch with Norton to fix this. Did you download 1Password from our site here, http://agilebits.com/downloads? If you download it elsewhere, please delete it and download only from our website. Norton shouldn't have an issue with our file at our site.

If yes, it is most likely a false positive. The file should be signed and validated by our code signature in the installer but we have seen Windows 7 having issues with the certificates in general, so that could be causing the issue.

because Norton Utilities had a problem with your free software package

1Password is not a free software. It is available as a trial for 30 days with no restrictions or no time restriction with 20 items.

This discussion has been closed.