Missing fields after Sync iOS- Windows [Windows does not show custom section/fields for Passwords]

quester
quester
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
I just bought the pro Features for 1Password on iOS (long way and waiting until you finally fixed the inApp payment problems).
Now the next "problem":

I generated a "Password"-Item in the iOS App, with an additional Section called Mail and an additional mail-field in it, containing an email-information.

After syncing to the trial-version (I downloaded today) on Windows7,
the additional fields are missing!

Also with "edit" I don't find a way to see them
(the editing in Windows for the unassigned "Password"-item is different from an editing of a Login-item. For the Login-Item I have much more edit-tools and choices).

When I sync back, from Windows to iOS (where I have the Password-Item deleted before), I still can access the mail-fields, so they have survived.....

For what do I need the Windows-Version if I cannot edit my data as extensive as I can do on my mobile?

Is it a bug?

Regards
Quester

Comments

• Hi @quester,

It's a UI issue, the Windows version don't have the ability to display the custom section and fields stored in your Password items. This is something we will fix but I don't have a timeframe. Your data isn't lost and 1Password on Windows can read it, it just doesn't have the UI to display them at the moment.

In addition, we recommend that you use Logins for items that exceeds more than a single password field. Passwords are meant to store just the password itself to reference later for other items, it is more of a history for all of the passwords you generated and/or use elsewhere.

• mrbubbles02
    mrbubbles02
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I'd be interested in having this UI on Windows as well, 1Password for Windows is significantly more difficult to use in an enterprise environment without it. The extra fields can be used consolidate additional information (e.g. system account passwords on a single server) into one item instead of having 15+ items per server, for example.

• MikeT
    edited April 2015

Hi @mrbubbles02,

Thanks for your feedback, I've added it to our internal tracker on an existing bug report for fixing this. (@quester, yours was added as well)

This discussion has been closed.