Cannot customize the Identity with custom section/fields [Intentional for now, will be improved]

deejay
deejay
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

It may not be relevant but pending retrieval of license data, I'm using 1Password 4 trial.
I wish to personalize the structure/content of Identities but unlike all other categories I am unable to edit more than empty/completed fields. Is this normal and if so, why ?

Comments

• Hi @deejay,

It is not normal but it is currently expected. The current UI layout for editing an Identity item just isn't flexible to let you customize it further with custom sections and fields, there just isn't any room for it.. This is something we will fix in the future by redesigning the editor for Identities.

If you have other 1Password apps that can support editing them, they will show up in the details view in the Windows application, you just can't edit them at the moment.

• deejay
    deejay
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply in what is a holiday weekend here ! I do hope an editor arrives soon. There are existing fields I won't use and fields I need to add or amend. Perhaps the answer to the space problem is to allow the user to customize ! Then the user can have two or more pages, with different Identity names if needed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@deejay: Indeed! We are looking at a number of possibilities, so we will have to be sure to strike a good balance when we update this in future versions. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you had a great holiday weekend yourself! Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.