1Password doesn't fill in QuickBook application via Auto-Type

trico21
trico21
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

How can I get 1Password to save my Quickbooks for Windows username/password. I'm using the software, not the online version of Quickbooks.

Comments

• @pat@trico21.com - You can use auto-type for programs that aren’t web browsers. You just need to have a Login item saved with the username and password. We have a great article about how to use auto-type here.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@pat@trico21.com What @LauraR says. We have an article about non-web-browser Logins here.

• trico21
    trico21
    Community Member

The software I'm using is Quickbooks Pro 13. I've followed the steps and it's not accepting the login info.

• @pat@trico21.com - Unfortunately I don't have QuickBooks installed so I cannot test this, but can you try the following -
    Rename your current 1Password item for Quickbooks and then add a new one using the steps in this link that @stefan referred to.
    Please let me know if this helps or if you have any questions on those steps. It worked great for the Evernote app. Thanks.

• Hi @pat@trico21.com,

Can you give us more details as what happens when you press Control + \ in QuickBooks? It doesn't fill anything in or it does fill in but it says the information is incorrect?

• trico21
    trico21
    Community Member

I have Quickbooks 13 installed on my PC and I'd like to log into it without having to type the password in. What strategy should I use?

• Hi @trico21,

Did you create an Application Login item for QuickBooks 13? Please use this guide to create an application Login for QuickBooks 13.

Once you do that, open QuickBooks 13 and then focus the username field by clicking into it. Press Control + \ and see if 1Password will now fill in.

This discussion has been closed.